Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts on everything that has gone down…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
    It feels like the old house burned down and extreme make over came in and built a new one.
    Except the builder isn't a fag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katrina View Post
      what does FWIW mean?
      Fuck, Where Is Waldo?

Comment

• Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
        I'm glad I found this place and have met several of you so far with hopefully meeting more in the future.
        Come to the gtg Saturday.
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• So do we have any idea how much Chris made off this whole scam? Curious to know just how cheap or expensive slaves like us were...

Comment

• So, did I miss then canuks deleting the "Back Porch"?

Edit: I wasn't logged in lol.
            www.crossfit.com

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
              So do we have any idea how much Chris made off this whole scam? Curious to know just how cheap or expensive slaves like us were...
              The site value from a few different sites was placed between $15-20k.

Comment

• Damn, I hadn't logged on since Friday and I was sad when I got caught up on WTF happened. I spend hours a day on the site and I wouldn't know what to do at work without it. Already feels like home here.
                I think that although that site had a huge number of registered users, the core people who posted and interacted on there is what made the site so amusing. Even if they only lose 20% of the membership, it won't be the same and that place will die. Serves the fucking Canadians right.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  WHAT?! omg.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                    I still have no clue what all went on over there at DFWSTANGS. I just figured if you fuckers were jumping off the cliff, fuck it, I am right behind you.
                    LOL!! Same here...I was offline for a couple days and came back to see that the shit had hit the fan. Didn't even bother reading up on all of it, just saw the new site mentioned and headed on over.

I must say, though, I had a feeling with the sudden site maintenance that was said to take 1-2 hours and ended up being most of the day Friday.

Is anyone on here even friends with Chris anymore? I never knewhim, just remembered his green car from the street races years ago.

Funny thing is that I originally got turned on to DFWS around ~01-02', by a couple friends that used to post here years ago (I guess with the original group)...at the time I was a regular on Corral, but it was also around a time where I had gotten out of the Mustang game for a while, so I didn't register here at the time...just trolled once in a while. Then when I eventually bought another Mustang in 04' I decided to register and start posting. Now I'm tainted with the scent!
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by kc50lx View Post
                      I don't understand where this is coming from, but you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm really sorry you feel this way.

I'm the sole person responsible for this move! You can ask Tyler and he will back me up. When I got on the board Friday and saw what was happening, I called Tyler to rescue the community. I told him we needed a place to go and fast. I saw what dfwstangs had become and it was the exact opposite of what it has stood for all these years. Like I said in another post the other day, this is the same board that came to my rescue two weeks ago. You guys are family to me, even the ones that annoy me. Sure the only difference was in actual format of the board with the ads and such, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it went down hill. The moderation was just around the corner and the whole look/ feel was going to change.

Over the years I've been on many different forums and dfwstangs was the only one that I was still active on. That place was like home to me and many others! I wasn't going to stand around and watch it unravel. This place means so much to me that I told Tyler that I'm only holding admin status until I'm no longer needed and will give it back. I want this place to stay what it always has been.

You bring up pre-banning certain people. As far as I know only one person has been banned and it was for specific reasons proven by a mod. We aren't playing favorites here as far as I know. If we are then I'm going to voice my opinion and that will change!

I also believe we came together as a community to show the new owners of DFWS that you aren't going to mess with us. You say we are fractured and you are saddened, but this site alone proves that we can come together as a community! We have principals and stand by them. I would say 99.9% of the people here are more interested in saving the community than padding the pockets of a corporation that sees each member as $$$. It's very humbling to me that everyone is here and more are joining every hour. DFWS was the home, but without the home we are still a family. If we wanted to leave and burn it down on the way out, then that's our right! We made that place what it was, it didn't make us.

Like 8mpg said all we did was add a couple of letters to the address and changed the host server. DFWS is still alive and well at dfwmustangs.net.

Fuck yeah!!

It was quite obvious what needed to be done. I have met some really bad ass people here. What a fucking spectrum of folks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        Please put your old sig back. That chick never seized to make me stop and stare at it for a few cycles. Lol!

Oh and I can't believe I just read this whole thread! GROUP HUG!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marisa View Post
                          WHAT?! omg.
                          Google has sites that says Dfwstangs.net was worth between $1800 and $25k. I would agree with most and say between 15k-20k.

Comment

• some of us need to step back from the fucking keyboard for a few minutes before the tears short it out. its not like you just lost a child, it was a website. if because the site is gone your friends are now gone its prolly because you were an asshole to begin with. hike your fucking skirts up and check to see who stole your balls!

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                              I just posted something in the classifieds over there. It is $100 more there than it is here though.
                              ....and I'll offer you $500 less over there than I would over here!
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• exactly, you can't blame Chris for selling out... Jose wasn't going to pay what Autoguide would... if Chris even mentioned selling out, everybody would have left and he would have nothing.

If you found $15-20k that was soaked in gasoline and there was a fire creeping towards it, would you pick it up and run or would you sit and wait to watch it burn?
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X