Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts on everything that has gone down…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    some of us need to step back from the fucking keyboard for a few minutes before the tears short it out. its not like you just lost a child, it was a website. if because the site is gone your friends are now gone its prolly because you were an asshole to begin with. hike your fucking skirts up and check to see who stole your balls!

god bless.
    I found them

on your chin

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
      Google has sites that says Dfwstangs.net was worth between $1800 and $25k. I would agree with most and say between 15k-20k.
      Of course $1800 may be a more current price than the $15-20K I saw on Saturday

Comment

• Wow...I'm still blown away by that amount. Where do they come up with those numbers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marisa View Post
          Wow...I'm still blown away by that amount. Where do they come up with those numbers?
          Advertising fees based on traffic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marisa View Post
            Wow...I'm still blown away by that amount. Where do they come up with those numbers?
            There's some magic number that is out there to find a sales price.

The reading that I did, it was monthly income - monthly costs * 36. Pretty much monthly profit * 36 = sales price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
              There's some magic number that is out there to find a sales price.

The reading that I did, it was monthly income - monthly costs * 36. Pretty much monthly profit * 36 = sales price.
              I don't know exactly how many 50/mo advertisers they had, but 10-100/mo plus let's say 5-50/mo would be 1250/mo

Minus say 200/mo for hosting

$37800

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                exactly, you can't blame Chris for selling out... Jose wasn't going to pay what Autoguide would... if Chris even mentioned selling out, everybody would have left and he would have nothing.

If you found $15-20k that was soaked in gasoline and there was a fire creeping towards it, would you pick it up and run or would you sit and wait to watch it burn?
                I'd run all the way home and dump some kitty litter on that shit!

Do you know how many sets of Choobs that can buy?

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  I'd run all the way home and dump some kitty litter on that shit!

Do you know how many sets of Choobs that can buy?
                  or blocks of cheese

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    I don't know exactly how many 50/mo advertisers they had, but 10-100/mo plus let's say 5-50/mo would be 1250/mo

$37800
                    By those numbers Chris owes Jose ~$25k
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post

$37800
                      I read it on the internet, it must be true. Who knows though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                        I read it on the internet, it must be true. Who knows though!
                        It's a good close estimate, the only other thing to add in would be registered members vs average traffic.

Comment

• *insert Cheers music* "Sometimes you want to CLICK where everybody knows your naaaaame".

Comment

• Originally posted by SLVR04GT View Post
                            *insert Cheers music* "Sometimes you want to CLICK where everybody knows your naaaaame".
                            You may want to check your link... it's ".net", not ".com":biggrin:

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                              You may want to check your link... it's ".net", not ".com":biggrin:
                              phail.

Comment

• Look, I don't know most of you. In fact, I only know two or three people that were on the old site and were the ones who originally got me to join, but the fact of the matter is DFWStangs.net was many peoples' sources of endless entertainment, news, classifieds, and bs'ing with eFriends. It really was like more of a family than anything else. The crazy/cool uncles, the dis-owned bastard children, the strict parents, and the always-got-your-back brothers and sisters.

I know I'm not an "old-schooler," nor have I ever owned a Mustang, but let's face it, that's never what the site was really about.

I don't know the story of how the site started initially, or what it was before it was DFWStangs.net, nor how many people were there from the beginning. I don't know Chris or Jose, but it doesn't matter. The group of people that is constantly growing and becoming friends is what matters. I only lived in the metroplex for 2 years after I found the site, and since then have been moving around like a military man without the benefit or prestige of being a serviceman, and the only thing I've ever really wanted was to end up back in Dallas and go to a few get-togethers to meet some of the people on this site. The people are what matters, not the URL or the server, and where the main collection of people from DFWStangs.net goes I will follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X