Getting back into overseas contracting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
    I am going to call him tomorrow to go over the details for me. If there is an opening in the conversation I'll see if there is a way to push your resume to the right folks.

I'm not sure. My guess is DOD but I could be wrong. I'll ask tomorrow.

Thanks Charles.

I got a second call today. The position is approved. I'm approved for it. The start time is expected to bewithin 2-3 weeks. When he called back today I couldn't talk much but we are going to go over the details tomorrow, like pay, locations, travel, leave, etc.
    Congrats man! Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      GTG in Ja-Booty!
      I'm sure I will stop there at some point.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

GTG in Ja-Booty!
        Hey, leave his booty alone. He's got enough to worry about without having to fear the DFWM degenerates!

But yes, whiskey Alcoholacost must happen with quickness now. When are you giving notice?

David

Comment

Awesome, Keith!!

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post

But yes, whiskey Alcoholacost must happen with quickness now. When are you giving notice?

David
            I'm not giving them my notice until I have a date to be in Greenville. That said, as soon as I give them 2 week notice they will let me go on the spot.
            Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Awesome, Keith!!
            Thanks. Not 100% done deal but at least 98-99%. Just waiting on a couple formalities and then I'll start my prehire stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
              Are these DoS contracts?
              Department of Defense.

Update: It is a LOGCAP contract just like it was in Afghanistan. The position title is the same as I had, maybe 1 level higher. Doesn't change the job one bit but just the pay...praying for the bump in title. Since it is not an active war zone, yet, the uplift is only 55% vs 75% in Afg. Combined with the shorter work days, 7/10s instead of 7/12s, it will pay a little less but it puts me in the game with a huge role in a up and coming region for this line if work with the company.

Looks like I'll be hub'ing out of a hotel in Camaroon but traveling all around Africa. Exact location and hotel I want to keep off an open forum for right now. Curious? send me a pm.

Also I'll have a car and personal local driver. I'm excited to learn more about the region and a local guy will speed that up.

Still looking like a couple weeks away. But I need to get my cholesterol in check to pass the physical, 2 weeks ought to do it.

Comment

Dang. You'll be making labor foreman pay... lucky.
                I know. If I'm lucky I won't have to use a shovel either.

Comment

During start-ups, we all had shovels.
                  The opposite of mission creep, mission backslide.

Comment

Probably don't need to tell ya, but when working these things overseas I'd not even tell my wife the hotel/specific locations - much-less us monkeys.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Money? A driver? Shiiiit, in about a year, you'll be all like:
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

When you become an African warlord I hope you make dfw mustangs your cabinet.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          When you become an African warlord I hope you make dfw mustangs your cabinet.
                          I'm not sure if the masses around here are mentally stable enough to be on malaria meds.

Comment

Those pills me me nauseous.
                            Daily doxy sucks but the once a week mephlaquin are like dropping acid everytime you close your eyes.

Comment

I'm fine with all of them. Make me the Minister of Fuckin' Shit Up!
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I just got the call I've been waiting for. Exact details should come tomorrow but I need to be in Uganda by the 14th.

Comment

Working...
                                X