Shots fired at downtown Dallas protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
    any word on the other people that were taken into custody? I hear them on the news saying "the triangulation stuff we said about two shooters is bullshit and it was just one" bu they havent said anything about the other people in custody.
    I believe I read they were all let go. The guys in the Mercedes were let go, not sure about the woman.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      Was a black panther.

Micah X. Johnson was a member of the Houston New Black Panther Party for a short period of time. He was reported to be a member for about six months a few years ago.

Precrime would suggest that all of those people are a danger to society. I would agree.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• There is no way this was just one dude acting alone.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by 4king View Post
          The robot was sent in to view if any devices were present, and if negotiations break ties the robot is used to observe if the suspect is still alive or has taken his own life. In that situation the robot was probably armed with a detonation device if it encountered a suspicious object; and then the suspect advanced to a point where they deemed he could take the explosive device. It has been mentioned that this is the first time in us history a "drone" has been used to take a life of a us citizen on Us soil

Most likely as he hovered over the robot for a few moments the decision was made to detonate rather than let him possibly take the explosive detonation device from the robot.

I'd love to think they did it on purpose to kill him but most likely it was a tactical defensive maneuver
          Yeah, not at all what I pictured in my head when I heard the method, but makes sense.

Officer: "damnit, he's still barracaded"
          Chief: "any way to out flank him?"
          Officer: "negative, sir!"
          Chief: "can anyone get a clear shot?"
          Officer: "negative. He has has the high ground. Takes a shot as soon as he sees movement."
          Chief: "how much ammo does that douche have, anyways?"
          Officer: "hundreds we think. Robot shows him pulling mags out left and right."
          Chef: "robot, huh?....Johnson!"
          Johnson: "sir!"
          Chief: "you still got that c4 in your trunk from our 4th of July party?"
          Johnson: "yes sir."
          Chief (pulls the cigar away from his mouth and exhales): "I've got an idea"
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• Comment

• Have to say I have mixed feelings on using a bomb to kill him. Due process goes out the window during live fire if the guy won't surrender, I get that and would rather have him killed on the scene than pay for 10 or 20 years of appeals. On one hand this was an extreme circumstance and after an hour of shooting the only way to stop him. It wasn't the first thing they tried. And like 4king said it may have not even be planned and if that was the case it is even more easily justified. My concern, and where I am iffy on the method, is that it sets a dangerous precident. We have all seen how many trigger happy cops are out their who seem to be itching to kill. How long before they use explosives because it was accepted once in Dallas? How long before swat teams or even patrol officers start requesting and receiving grenades as standard issue equipment?

I am not a anti cop, fuck all the police guy. I am also not the extremely pro police guy I once was. Law enforcement across the country have succeeded in making a lot of sensible people very cautious to trust cops. Backing and covering for the really bad cops makes a lot of the others bad or untrustworthy. There has been a spike in bad behavior by cops and departments and that makes people like me question everything they do. I wish we could return to the days where most cops were like Andy Griffith, but militarization and bad behavior continues.

Going from one incident of using a bomb as a last resort, to standard issue grenades in all squad cars is not the stretch it once was, and that is why I don't like that this happened, although I understand being pushed into that corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                Have to say I have mixed feelings on using a bomb to kill him. Due process goes out the window during live fire if the guy won't surrender, I get that and would rather have him killed on the scene than pay for 10 or 20 years of appeals. On one hand this was an extreme circumstance and after an hour of shooting the only way to stop him. It wasn't the first thing they tried. And like 4king said it may have not even be planned and if that was the case it is even more easily justified. My concern, and where I am iffy on the method, is that it sets a dangerous precident. We have all seen how many trigger happy cops are out their who seem to be itching to kill. How long before they use explosives because it was accepted once in Dallas? How long before swat teams or even patrol officers start requesting and receiving grenades as standard issue equipment?

I am not a anti cop, fuck all the police guy. I am also not the extremely pro police guy I once was. Law enforcement across the country have succeeded in making a lot of sensible people very cautious to trust cops. Backing and covering for the really bad cops makes a lot of the others bad or untrustworthy. There has been a spike in bad behavior by cops and departments and that makes people like me question everything they do. I wish we could return to the days where most cops were like Andy Griffith, but militarization and bad behavior continues.

Going from one incident of using a bomb as a last resort, to standard issue grenades in all squad cars is not the stretch it once was, and that is why I don't like that this happened, although I understand being pushed into that corner.
                Municipal PDs won't have grenades. Our new nationalized police force will.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                  Municipal PDs won't have grenades. Our new nationalized police force will.
                  I have a feeling that is coming very soon, too.

Comment

I have a feeling that is coming very soon, too.
                    It's here,it's been here for some time.

All of the agencies are armed.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
                    • Federal Bureau of Prisons
                    • Federal Bureau of Investigation
                    • U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
                    • U.S. Secret Service
                    • Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
                    • Drug Enforcement Administration
                    • U.S. Marshals Service
                    • Veterans Health Administration
                    • Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigation
                    • Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
                    • U.S. Postal Inspection Service
                    • U.S. Capitol Police
                    • National Park Service - Rangers
                    • Bureau of Diplomatic Security
                    • Pentagon Force Protection Agency
                    • U.S. Forest Service
                    • U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
                    • National Park Service - U.S. Park Police
                    • National Nuclear Security Administration
                    • U.S. Mint Police
                    • Amtrak Police
                    • Bureau of Indian Affairs
                    • Bureau of Land Management
                    • Bureau of Engraving and Printing
                    • Environmental Protection Agency
                    • Food and Drug Administration
                    • National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
                    •Tennessee Valley Authority
                    • Federal Reserve Board
                    • U.S. Supreme Court
                    • Bureau of Industry and Security
                    • National Institutes of Health
                    • Library of Congress
                    • Federal Emergency Management Agency
                    • National Aeronautics and Space Administration
                    • Government Printing Office
                    • National Institute of Standards & Technology
                    • Smithsonian National Zoological Park
                    • Bureau of Reclamation
                    • Department of Health and Human Services
                    • Department of Defense
                    • Department of the Treasury, Tax Administration
                    • Social Security Administration
                    • Department of Housing and Urban Development
                    • Department of Labor
                    • Department of Homeland Security
                    • Department of Veterans Affairs
                    • Department of Justice
                    • Department of Transportation
                    • Department of Education
                    • General Services Administration
                    • Department of the Interior
                    • National Aeronautics and Space Administration
                    • Department of Energy
                    • Environmental Protection Agency
                    • Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
                    • Small Business Administration
                    • Department of State
                    • Office of Personnel Management
                    • Department of the Treasury
                    • Tennessee Valley Authority
                    • Department of Commerce
                    • U.S. Railroad Retirement Board
                    • Agency for International Development
                    • Nuclear Regulatory Commission
                    • Corporation for National and Community Service
                    • National Science Foundation
                    • National Archives and Records Administration
                    • Government Printing Office
                    • Library of Congress

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                      There is no way this was just one dude acting alone.
                      Grassy knoll

David

Comment

• Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Have to say I have mixed feelings on using a bomb to kill him. Due process goes out the window during live fire if the guy won't surrender, I get that and would rather have him killed on the scene than pay for 10 or 20 years of appeals. On one hand this was an extreme circumstance and after an hour of shooting the only way to stop him. It wasn't the first thing they tried. And like 4king said it may have not even be planned and if that was the case it is even more easily justified. My concern, and where I am iffy on the method, is that it sets a dangerous precident. We have all seen how many trigger happy cops are out their who seem to be itching to kill. How long before they use explosives because it was accepted once in Dallas? How long before swat teams or even patrol officers start requesting and receiving grenades as standard issue equipment?

I didn't like it either, but the dude was claiming to have explosives. Perhaps they were concerned that more officers would be taken out by him if he had explosives on him.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                              There is no way this was just one dude acting alone.
                              My thoughts too, ironic that in dallas we have lone shooters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                                My thoughts too, ironic that in dallas we have lone shooters.
                                I bet he was a patsy, knew it and was okay with it as long as only he went down for the shit. But dpd will find any connection and run with it.
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X