Shots fired at downtown Dallas protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    You haven't ever been doing fine at it, clown. Not here, not in Canada, not ever. I thought most people got wiser with age, glad to see you bucking the trend.
    Relax, BJ! I am only mocking you. Should I be buttering you up?
    1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• What is the better solution, even though he was "contained"? Wait for him to surrender, or wait for him to come out guns blazing and potentially wound/kill more people?
      sigpic

Comment

There is a short leap from this point to "well he hasn't killed anyone yet but he says he is going to" and then deadly force becomes justified in any situation where someone is barricaded in a place and talks a big game. To anyone with "common sense" about civil liberties that is a concern.
        It isn't a short leap to go from someone saying that they are going to cause harm, to someone that has already killed 5 people (would have been far more with better accuracy) with very clear intent to keep going. Should they have armed the robot with a chloroform soaked teddy bear, so he would hug himself to sleep?

Comment

• It's hard for some people to let their FTP hate go.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            What is the better solution, even though he was "contained"? Wait for him to surrender, or wait for him to come out guns blazing and potentially wound/kill more people?
            You won't get an answer to this question. Especially not from someone who has never put their life on the line for anything other than themself.
            1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• Should have armed the robot with a gun so it can stop the threat with an already approved method of death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                What is the better solution, even though he was "contained"? Wait for him to surrender, or wait for him to come out guns blazing and potentially wound/kill more people?
                No one except the people who were there can answer that.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I think they did answer it, loudly.

It's almost a week later, and I haven't seen a single better solution offered.
                  Last edited by CexMashean; 07-12-2016, 01:14 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Should have armed the robot with a gun so it can stop the threat with an already approved method of death.
                    Bomb robots almost always have a 12g attachment for remote dets.. surprised they didn't use it but I like the surprise c4 a lot more

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                      Bomb robots almost always have a 12g attachment for remote dets.. surprised they didn't use it but I like the surprise c4 a lot more
                      Not sure a 12 gauge is that effective when they're wearing body armor.

Comment

• There is a photo of what is supposedly the dude's dead body in the rubble. I am on reddit now looking for memes.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• it was posted here

Comment

Exactly right. And as has been said, they answered pretty loudly. Why didn't you know that before you went down this road and had it backfire so badly? LMAO!

Does the picture of the murderer have any butter knives in it, BJ?
                            1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                              Exactly right. And as has been said, they answered pretty loudly. Why didn't you know that before you went down this road and had it backfire so badly? LMAO!

Does the picture of the murderer have any butter knives in it, BJ?
                              It is almost like you took it personally when these guys got gunned down. Was your ego damaged by this incident? I'm just curious, I have no emotional stake either way.

Comment

It is almost like you took it personally when these guys got gunned down. Was your ego damaged by this incident? I'm just curious, I have no emotional stake either way.
                                What does me taking the murder of these 5 good guys personally have to do with me mocking you, BJ?

I dare say you are one of the few Americans who have not taken the murder of these 5 heroes personally, though.

I picture you sitting at your computer mumbling, "shouldn't have gone down this road...." LOL
                                1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X