No announcement yet.

Forrest is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that sucks, always seemed like a good dude. Do they suspect suicide? Can't be easy for the family especially considering the circumstances and the time spent searching.

Comment

• Suicide is not even a question. It's been ruled an accidental drowning.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBROKEN View Post
        Suicide is not even a question. It's been ruled an accidental drowning.
        Thanks for that and for all you are doing.

Comment

Suicide is not even a question. It's been ruled an accidental drowning.
          I appreciate you doing all that you're doing. Is that what the ME said? That sounds like bullshit.

Comment

• That's what was said, that's how it's classified and that's all that matters. His sister reads here, let's all show some respect.

And no thanks needed for me. I knew Forrest, I'm local and I wanted to do something. I'm very appreciative of everyone that's donated.

Comment

• R.I.P Forrest

Comment

• Long time lurker here. Cooter is one of the few from the forum that I've ever spoken to personally. I actually saw him on CL and the forum for parts to work on my 6.7L Cummins. Super nice over the phone and his whole attitude changed when he knew I had anything to do with this forum. Prayers to his family.

Comment

That's what was said, that's how it's classified and that's all that matters. His sister reads here, let's all show some respect.

And no thanks needed for me. I knew Forrest, I'm local and I wanted to do something. I'm very appreciative of everyone that's donated.
                  I'm not being disrespectful. I'd also venture to say that I'm not walking a line that all of us haven't, including Molly, or Brittani, or the rest of his family. I've known Forrest a damn long time, over 20 years. One of my qualities he always remarked on was my ability to cut through the shit and ask the questions that were being danced around. I'm simply trying to figure out how my friend's life came to a really fucking untimely conclusion. Why? Who the fuck knows. Maybe so I can heap some level of blame on my own shoulders for not catching something I should have, or maybe to alleviate any feelings of guilt or frustration regarding his chance encounter with water that grew arms.

I don't know. This is what I do though. Understand that me asking the questions that I ask is the ultimate sign of respect.

Comment

• Agreed Sean.

Comment

• Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                      Super nice over the phone and his whole attitude changed when he knew I had anything to do with this forum.
                      It should be pretty obvious that this can be a dysfunctional group day-to-day, but in the end the majority here would bend over backwards to help someone else.

About two months before all this I had a big long PM planned out in my head to send to Forrest. I'd wake up in the morning, think about it, get distracted, and end up not sending it, but think about it again a few days later... I still felt/feel guilty that we couldn't connect for lunch when we kept trying to make plans, but really he made some serious changes in his life and I longed to have a long talk with him about all of that. His motives, his strength, his drivers... I know I could have learned some good stuff from the Jedi.

I know I said it before, but it needs repeating. Molly, Brittani, etc, you will probably never know how many people here were touched and influenced by your brother/husband. I knew him for 10+ years and there were guys here who knew him for double that, and more. I think everyone would agree that we were all blessed to have known him. Thank you for watching over him while he made the rounds and had an impact in all of our lives. You will always be welcome here.
                      Last edited by Strychnine; 09-27-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• This will probably get deleted, but oh well.

Not to be disrespectful to anyone in the Nearing family, but anybody who read about ("when privacy was out the window") the circumstances leading up to the day of his disappearance would find it very difficult to buy the ruling of accidental death.

If this finding is something to assuage the anguish of his family, then I'm all for it. I wholeheartedly agree that it's for the best. However, the people who have been following this story from day one will find that verdict somewhat hard to grasp.

Nice guy. Nice family. Tragic story. I also think it's wonderful to see the spate of overwhelming support and good tidings from all the folks that reached out to lending a helping hand, or made a donation to help a friend in need. Glad there is some closure.

Godspeed.
                        Last edited by LS1Goat; 09-28-2016, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• I'm going to head down there Friday afternoon to visit some other friends in the Houston area that I owe a visit, and then head to Forrest's house for the memorial on Saturday. Probably head back up to Dallas early on Sunday morning. Anyone else from Dallas going that wants to car pool? If so, shoot me a PM. I don't really want to drive by myself, and it would be nice to have the company. If you're already going, and have room for one more, hit me up. I'll help with gas, driving, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            One of my qualities he always remarked on was my ability to cut through the shit and ask the questions that were being danced around. I'm simply trying to figure out how my friend's life came to a really fucking untimely conclusion.
                            Thank you for this.

I try and type things out, get lost in the words or thoughts and back out. Forrest meant a great deal to a lot of people and I don't think it's unnatural for folks to look for some kind of closure that makes sense. The whole thing is sickening. I feel terrible for his family. There's a whole network of people who do and think about this every day. I hope they can at least find even the smallest shred of comfort in all of this knowing how many lives he touched.

Comment

• I posted my last blog about this earlier in the thread. Just food for thought, or at least, some of my thoughts, though the trailing end of this. Nothing is to be implied by this, simply my view/thoughts on the random nature of this life.

We all stand at the water’s edge at least once in our life. Whether it is a jumping off point for some great new adventure, or fighting the demons inhabit the deepest, darkest part of our sou…
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Dang, Russell. That was beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X