No announcement yet.

So happy to get in shape!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaggin's got my #1 piece of advice, this isn't about a goal weight, it's about changing how you live. It's good to have a target weight in mind, but realize that reaching that target isn't going to be some ah-ha moment, your daily focus and commitment is much more important.

To that end, it's way easy too get excited at the beginning, I'd recommend that you temper that zeal, and realize that there's a lot of work to be done. The excitement is your instant gratification center sounding off, yet there's nothing remotely instant about changing yourself physically and emotionally. Stay focused and stay motivated, which is different than being excited, and will carry you a lot farther, way past when the "fun" wears off.

Everybody's different, but I think that you are being way conservative with your goal weight. I got up to 255 a couple years ago, and though my bodyfat % was still below 20% (chunky, but muscular), I was still miserable. Problems with snoring, and even getting up to whiz got my lungs to working a little too hard for my liking. You've got plenty of time to adjust, but imo 250lbs isn't healthy, even the pros with single digit bodyfat work a little too hard walking up stairs, to a point weight it weight, which stresses the heart and lungs, even when in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      Dear diary...
      Hah. To that end, NOBODY truly gives a shit about your weight loss, other than simply wanting you happy and healthy. Don't expect too many pats on the back, your drive's gotta come from you alone.

Comment

Round is a shape, thank you very much.....

Comment

You're literally cumming away the calories!

Comment

I'm happy for you Laser

Keep up the good work!

Comment

46 pounds in a month? Am I the only one that thinks Diabetic Ketoacidosis?

That is a HUGE amount to lose just in dieting in a month. I lose about a pound or 2 a week and I workout an hour plus 5 times a week plus all the walking I do on camp. My calories are way under 1,500 daily and my weight still only drops 1-2 weekly.

Good on you if you are healthy though.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Where is Doctor Dave ? He loves this topic.

Comment

I did very well counting net carbs rather than calories, and my LDL cholesterol/triglyceride numbers dropped dramatically by doing so. Also pushed back pre-diabetes.

Congrats O.P. on your efforts and results!

Comment

Blood pressure is a little high at 128/80 and resting heart rate is 66bpm. But really my eating habits were just terrible. Always fast food and always just one big meal per day with bad snacking in between. Changing all that up made the largest change in not only the weight drop but also how I feel and my energy level.
                    I do realize after that large initial drop from the lifestyle change wont continue to drop at that rate. I realize it and am fine with it. I see the rest will take hard work and perseverance. Going to the gym nearly every day and sweating my ass off a couple hours a day. Also sticking with my diet and limiting the cheat day to just one day but not over doing it on that day as well.
                    This is quite literally the first time I have ever been to a gym and while I hated it last night and am not looking forward to it again tonight I will continue to do it for several reasons. I love my wife and want to spend lots of time with her. I want children and want to do things with them and not be winded or too fat to do it. I am happy with my life. I have a great shop, great friends and great cars and a beautiful wife. I have much to be thankful for and just need to work on myself now to be in the shape I should be in to take advantage of the opportunities that my life affords me. I am sick of being fat, sick of not fitting in a Miata and sick of being winded when my friends wanna go for a hike. I want to get into shape not only for myself but also for the ones I love.
                    Most of you on here are in good shape and have good advice to offer for staying in good shape and that is what I am looking for. If you wanna bash or pick me apart then so be it, its your life. Just realize it wont bring me down and wont deter me from getting myself in shape.
                    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

ok, seriously...calm your tits. They're just fucking with you.

Good job on the progress so far.

Comment

There are 3500 calories in a pound, you burn around 280cal/hr having sex, and you lost around 1.5lbs a day.

You're telling us that you lost 1.5lbs a day, 5,250cal, just by eating healthy and sex. If you perfectly burned off every calorie you consumed each day you'd need to have sex for over 18hrs a day... Even if you ate absolutely nothing and had an amazing metabolism of burning off 2,500cal a day just going about your business, you'd need to have almost 10hrs of sex a day.

While I applaud you're healthier life style, here are some better explanations for your "lost 46lbs":
                        you put a buffet out of business before 1st weigh in and shit out your organs for final weigh in
                        doctors scale is broken
                        you lost an appendage in a car accident
                        you sleep 0hrs a day and are a sex god
                        you pissed out nearly 9gals of water
                        you're dying
                        SVO has taken you under his wing

Comment

Take it as you will. It is what it is. And yes, I am a sex god.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                            SVO has taken you under his wing
                            Clearly the correct answer.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I could never be as good as SVO. At anything.

Comment

Must've had his wallet in his pocket during the initial weigh in.

Comment

Working...
                                X