No announcement yet.

School me on the Jeep thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find on the TJ... very close to what I'm looking for.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Might as well run full coilovers.
      Sorry yeah, that is what I meant. Does that end well? Or are you better off just staying with the leaf springs for offroading type stuff?
      WH

Comment

There a TJ that's been parked on my street and doesn't look like it's moved in several years. Every time I pass it I think more and more about making an offer on it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Sorry yeah, that is what I meant. Does that end well? Or are you better off just staying with the leaf springs for offroading type stuff?
          Leaf springs are fine and almost impossible to fuck up. I have the full set of arms to coil over my M715, but the money/ time VS out come is not worth it for just a hobbyist. They are cool and ride nice though.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That's why I love the coils the ride is way better. kj is spot on about reliability and durability though, leafs kick ass there.

Comment

What year model did they switch from leaf springs to coils? Was it with the TJ series or before?

What's the first year for the TJ?

(I've got an ulterior motive here)

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                Join the north Texas jeep club group on Facebook. They have a forum but no one ever posts on it. They are all just in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Chili View Post
                I found that page to be 99.99% social and overall pretty useless. Unless you want to know what to name your Jeep, who to buy stickers from, and who can mount neon 'rock lights'.
                Anyone associated with ntjc is a complete douche. That club is for fags and figuring out what kind of gay shit you're going to name your jeep. Many think that the guy who runs it is a thief and skims $$$ off the top of all the fundraisers.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  Anyone associated with ntjc is a complete douche. That club is for fags and figuring out what kind of gay shit you're going to name your jeep. Many think that the guy who runs it is a thief and skims $$$ off the top of all the fundraisers.
                  well, dont hold back, tell us how you really feel.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                    What year model did they switch from leaf springs to coils? Was it with the TJ series or before?

What's the first year for the TJ?

(I've got an ulterior motive here)

mardyn
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with you cause yes most of the posts have been about what to name your jeep few needing help and other selling parts but what makes you say all that? Serious question. I just stumbled into that group and don't post a lot. But others sure as hell do. And it's always the same damn questions. Who makes the stickers. Gets posted at least once a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                        I'm not disagreeing with you cause yes most of the posts have been about what to name your jeep few needing help and other selling parts but what makes you say all that? Serious question. I just stumbled into that group and don't post a lot. But others sure as hell do. And it's always the same damn questions. Who makes the stickers. Gets posted at least once a day.

Exactly... you just validated everything I said. There are much better options out there and the guy who runs it is apparently a shady mofo.

Comment

Exactly... you just validated everything I said. There are much better options out there and the guy who runs it is apparently a shady mofo.

Well I'll take your word for it. Lol. I am getting sick of all the oh I saw so and so on blah blah who the fuck cares. Lol.

Comment

Haven't Jeeps pretty much become a chick thing nowadays?

Don't beat me up, I'm mostly joking.

But seriously, I think I know way more chicks who drive Jeeps than I know of dudes who do, and several of those chicks mod the heck out of them and bang them around at the off road parks.

Truth be told, I may have one as a trail toy someday, since there are endless trails up here where I live. But, it would probably never see the highway at all.

Meanwhile, I've been building my big ol' Super Duty into a pretty damn capable trail rig that still makes the road trips to Texas and back nice and comfortable, but there's no doubt it's cost me what I could have put into a decent Jeep several times over. And, if I roll an old Jeep, I wouldn't cry too hard.

Comment

My all time favorite was the 98 I had. OME lift, highlined, 44's with ox lockers. Jeep drove like a cadillac and would go anywhere with in reason. I have toyed with ditching the monster and building another almost just like it. I might do a couple of things different. I like my LJ also but really the added length was not needed. I think I haved owned 12 of them at least.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I do see a lot of chicks in jacked up jeeps driving around.

Comment

Working...
                                X