No announcement yet.

Photobucket: the last straw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the impala forums I'm on lost a ton of info in a server crash about ten years back. IIRC they now have backups of the backup and include pics in their backup so that something like this shouldn't affect them.

Doesn't seem like many other forums do that though. Imagine all the crap on LS1.com and LS1tech, not to mention anything historical over in Canada that's going to disappear like a fart in the wind.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      Funny you say that. I'm in IT and I'm about the most anti-cloud tech guy there is. I've always been a firm believer in controlling your own data.
      I'm in IT and I've made a career of architecting, automating, maintaining, and monitoring highly-available, self-healing systems using cloud-based architecture that minimize downtime and maximize cost efficiency. Have fun maintaining that SAN!

(photobucket's issue isn't a technical one )
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

back in canada days, I figured out that redlilpony's photobucket password was "mustang"...

she was mad!
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Man I lost a shit ton of irreplaceable photos when mustangmods just up and deleted their shit out of the blue one day. I'm still freaking pissed. I paid the damn $20 for an unlimited account, they could have at least sent a notice that their service would be discontinued forever. But no they just screwed everyone

Atleast u could download my photobucket albums easily. I'm not sure what you guys are using, but the photobucket app was always fast. Downloaded all of my albums over 1k pictures the other day and it was nearly immediate to my phone

Comment

This is looking interesting...

Comment

Yeah they fucked me so bad. I would always store all my pics with them thinking they'll be safe. I had no idea that my life's best memories would be taken hostage. Kinda like when Isis does a beheading video. Photobuckit is holding a knife to the throats of our pictures making demands. I've been one of the few people still using it so fuck them with a rough 2x4 filled with splinters extra dry.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

If they'd have said $1.99 or something they may have gotten it just because people want their photos back. But $400? Wtf... how does that even make the slightest bit of sense...
                WH

Comment

I'm already seeing it, so many threads full of photos that are basically trash now. How shitty
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                    Yeah they fucked me so bad. I would always store all my pics with them thinking they'll be safe. I had no idea that my life's best memories would be taken hostage. Kinda like when Isis does a beheading video. Photobuckit is holding a knife to the throats of our pictures making demands. I've been one of the few people still using it so fuck them with a rough 2x4 filled with splinters extra dry.
                    Oh shit, all those cow photos will be lost forever!!!!Ugh, the inhumanity of it all!!!!!

Comment

Screw photobucket, I just use Geocities.

Comment

Just finished downloading my stuff and closing my account. Fuck those greedy libtard fuck stains.

Comment

Ditto. I have a couple of website anyway. Just FTP them up and done.
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Fuck the Photobucket!
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Man...that sucks. I bitch about my smugmug account being $40/yr

Comment

10 years... wow. Takes 2 days to delete??? BS. that's complete crap
                                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                                X