No announcement yet.

Harvey --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I was just about to ask if any of our fellow 'H' town peeps were OK, good luck man.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Went and checked the house again today, and water finally came in the house today.

Luckily we have flood insurance, and it looks like it was 1" max at the highest inside the house. Based on the high water mark on the front porch, it had already come down 6-8 inches. The SS is safe in the garage unless it comes up another 6-8 inches or so, which at this point I hope is unlikely.

The good news is we are high and dry with some friends, just waiting for the water to come down some so that we can get back in and get the carpet ripped out and start the cleanup.

2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

A coworker's friend evac'd from Houston yesterday. She left at noon and got to Austin at 7pm.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

WTH...rescuers being shot and they're boat trying to be stolen.
          A member of the Cajun Navy reports that they are being shot at while in Texas.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Mother gets upset with interviewer after just arriving at hurricane shelter in Houston

Comment

Family had to be evacuated near the Eldridge area. Those Reservoirs are really causing issues now. The response and majority of normal citizens helping out is awesome. And props to Mattress Mack!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                Mother gets upset with interviewer after just arriving at hurricane shelter in Houston
                https://streamable.com/hgrl7
                Gotta love media have someone on the edge of having a mental break down because of all the crap they are dealing with and lets try and get a story out of it.
                1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

F'n media...

After all the successful rescue stories out there over the past few days.... CBS continues trying to make all the coverage negative.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    WTH...rescuers being shot and they're boat trying to be stolen.
                    http://1079ishot.com/cajun-navy-members-shot-at/
                    I wonder if these people are Katrina refugee leftovers....

For those of you who have taken on water in your homes. Get your HVAC running as soon as possible. Keep it cycling as often as you can. This will help reduce the moisture (humidity) in your home and help fight organic growth.

Focus on your exterior walls, or any insulated walls (media room), These will be the cavities holding the most water and highest potential for organic growth. pull your plug plates this will help get some air in those cavities. Ideally cut the sheet rock out to above the suspected water level to let your batt insulation dry out.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Doubt they are from Katrina, from what I heard they were mostly in the Greenspoint region which is called Gunspoint if you are from Houston. Just a bad area

Comment

bust out the water hose and rinse hell out of everything.

Comment

Gas prices have started to rise (understandably) and a few stations have run out. My wife went to fill her car up, and noticed a guy nearby filling up his vehicle and four jerry cans.

In order to counter act this shortage, don't buy gas next Tuesday!

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post

In order to counter act this shortage, don't buy gas next Tuesday!
                            Wednesday! Haven't you learned anything from Yellowstang?
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              My wife went to fill her car up, and noticed a guy nearby filling up his vehicle and four jerry cans.
                              Hey, what part of town and what station?

This is Level 1 SHTF type shit for some us, playa!
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                Hey, what part of town and what station?

This is Level 1 SHTF type shit for some us, playa!
                                Hurst.

A coworkers wife saw a few in Lewisville that were out as well. My S10 is full, and my gas guzzler truck is down to half a tank, so a hundred miles or so and its empty. At least I have a drain on the Cougar's tank, I can steal from that if needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X