Attorney: Family of 'swatting' victim wants officer charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I'm sure you were mostly kidding, but there are way better light options out there these days.

And lmao at the edit.. You really do have to specify on this board!
    Nothing beats these old lights. I have been screwing with them for the past 20 years and they are adictive. What I really want is an old GE carbon arc light but do not have a place to put it at the moment.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      My dad and many of my friends are LEO. I do not wish them ill but will fight to my last breath if someone fucks with me without just cause and will never tolerate an armed invader into my home. If LE wants to arrest me at my home they can be civil about it and I will gladly comply with a lawful order. If they want to kick in my door without warning they along with myself will die.
      Whatever you say. Just keep the stories coming and don't change for nobody.

Comment

^^^^^ You can count on it.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-03-2018, 12:37 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Whatever you say. Just keep the stories coming and don't change for nobody.
          All this thread needs now is more kowbell...

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
            the kid who made the call should be the one for which a precedent is made. fuck his life and every forward day of it up.

society needs a serious reminder there are consequences.
            This right here. I hope they make an example of him. Give him a life sentence and tell your kids that this is what happens when you do stupid shit that gets someone killed.

As for the cop, I’m a little more cautious to condemn him, but he should’ve exercised more discipline with his weapon. Loss of badge is as far as I would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
              This right here. I hope they make an example of him. Give him a life sentence and tell your kids that this is what happens when you do stupid shit that gets someone killed.
              Unfortunately the options for charging the guy are pretty limited. The feds may be able to tack something onto a state charge for using a message sent across a wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post

As for the cop, I’m a little more cautious to condemn him, but he should’ve exercised more discipline with his weapon. Loss of badge is as far as I would go.
                Yeah I watched the video and went "WTF" I think it was a AD or something. Fucked up deal all around.

Unfortunately the options for charging the guy are pretty limited. The feds may be able to tack something onto a state charge for using a message sent across a wire.

Manslaughter at the least in Texas.

MANSLAUGHTER. (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Yeah I watched the video and went "WTF" I think it was a AD or something. Fucked up deal all around.

Manslaughter at the least in Texas.

MANSLAUGHTER. (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.
                  I believe that you are correct and believe that you could make a case for capital murder in TX.

This case is more complex than a simple answer for several reasons. The fake call was made in one state about an address in another state. The person killed was not located in the state the call came from and the call crossed state lines. The callers home state should charge him with making a fake call and give him the max for it. The state where the man died should charge the caller with manslaughter and give him the max. The feds should also charge the caller with wire fraud for making the call and enhance the charge because it resulted in a death from a firearm and give the guy the max. Potentially the caller could spend the next 35 years going from one prison system to the next.

The officer should have his certification pulled and be allowed to plea to high misdemeanor for probation with the stipulation that he can never work in LE again. I would not try to completely ruin the officers life for making a bad mistake during a high stress event but he has shown that he can not hold it together during a stressful arrest and a mistake that kills someone can not be overlooked..

Comment

I believe that you are correct and believe that you could make a case for capital murder in TX.

This case is more complex than a simple answer for several reasons. The fake call was made in one state about an address in another state. The person killed was not located in the state the call came from and the call crossed state lines. The callers home state should charge him with making a fake call and give him the max for it. The state where the man died should charge the caller with manslaughter and give him the max. The feds should also charge the caller with wire fraud for making the call and enhance the charge because it resulted in a death from a firearm and give the guy the max. Potentially the caller could spend the next 35 years going from one prison system to the next.

The officer should have his certification pulled and be allowed to plea to high misdemeanor for probation with the stipulation that he can never work in LE again. I would not try to completely ruin the officers life for making a bad mistake during a high stress event but he has shown that he can not hold it together during a stressful arrest and a mistake that kills someone can not be overlooked..
                    If only the politicians or police thought or behaved even remotely similar to competent, level-headed civilians. Or even the Almighty SVO.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      If only the politicians or police thought or behaved even remotely similar to competent, level-headed civilians. Or even the Almighty SVO.
                      Since you obviously did not pay attention in civics class in middle school I will clue you into this little fact. The police and politicians are civilians.

Comment

So did the one dude just pull a completely random address out of his ass?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          The other gamer he was fighting with gave him a bogus address when the caller asked for him for his. It just happened to be a real one.

Comment

Since you obviously did not pay attention in civics class in middle school I will clue you into this little fact. The police and politicians are civilians.

You know what I meant. “Ordinary civilians”. Non-LEO. Non-politicians. The subjects under the thumb of “the man”.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post

Not random at all. Two guys had a dispute over a $1 or $2 bet while playing Call of Duty online. One guy gets the other guys address, presumably through the game, and calls 911 to report a kidnapping / hostage situation at the other guys house. Cops show up and the guy ends up dead at his own front door.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                                Not random at all. Two guys had a dispute over a $1 or $2 bet while playing Call of Duty online. One guy gets the other guys address, presumably through the game, and calls 911 to report a kidnapping / hostage situation at the other guys house. Cops show up and the guy ends up dead at his own front door.
                                The man killed was not a gammer and had no clue what was going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X