Garland mexican trashed my GT and ran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from the Denton police.
    “I am writing to inform you that the hit and run case you filed will not be assigned for further investigation. There are two aspects to a hit and run investigation. There is the civil side that focuses on making sure the victim’s car is repaired at the at fault party’s expense. There is also the criminal side of the investigation that requires the police to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a specific person was driving the vehicle. Attaching damages to the owner of the car is usually possible in a civil case; however, it is not reasonable to hold the owner criminally responsible if they cannot be positively identified as the driver. Additionally, the Denton Police Department is experiencing some staffing shortages. These cases typically result in a citation being issued to the suspect. I cannot justify assigning cases to the members of the General Investigation Unit that will most likely result in a citation when other more serious offenses require their time. If you have questions, please contact me.”

Comment

• Comment

• ^^^^^
        Pathetic response, but what one might expect nowadays. The Denton Police are correct in saying that a DL number of the driver is required to issue a citation, otherwise they seem to basically be saying "too bad bro". They could have investigated the damages side of the issue fairly easily by the determining the registered owner of the vehicle, but they are unwilling to even do that it appears.
        Last edited by The King; 08-24-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• LMAO!

I knew them cockaroaches weren't gonna do a damn thing.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            Letter from the Denton police.
            “I am writing to inform you that the hit and run case you filed will not be assigned for further investigation. There are two aspects to a hit and run investigation. There is the civil side that focuses on making sure the victim’s car is repaired at the at fault party’s expense. There is also the criminal side of the investigation that requires the police to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a specific person was driving the vehicle. Attaching damages to the owner of the car is usually possible in a civil case; however, it is not reasonable to hold the owner criminally responsible if they cannot be positively identified as the driver. Additionally, the Denton Police Department is experiencing some staffing shortages. These cases typically result in a citation being issued to the suspect. I cannot justify assigning cases to the members of the General Investigation Unit that will most likely result in a citation when other more serious offenses require their time. If you have questions, please contact me.”
            Contact them, make them do their job. That's some bullshit they send out so that 90% of people will stop messing with them.

Comment

• And people are wondering why he wanted to keep the guy at the scene . . .
              sigpic

Comment

• Tazer and zip ties
                WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  And people are wondering why he wanted to keep the guy at the scene . . .
                  No shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    And people are wondering why he wanted to keep the guy at the scene . . .
                    No that's not correct, we know why he wanted to keep him there, but you're not going to keep him there once he's in that vehicle and you're on foot. The OP should have jumped in his car, gave chase and been on the phone with 911.
                    Of course this is all on hindsight and when the andrenalin is pumping, we aren't thinking rational thoughts...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• That's a solid class B infraction and if the other car he hit was injured it would be a felony or another class B. Then there is the whole photo line up fiasco, interviews, warrants and pc affidavits, distance involved, trying to get assistance from other agencies etc etc. You are much more likely to get justice in a small town then a bustling metropolis. Dallas would tell you to pound sand and get the Honda off the damn roadway.I don't know how busy Denton is but I have never seen a letter like that. In Lancaster those guys were juggling 130 plus cases each when I was there and you would be lucky to get a phone call.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Wait untill he runs down a toll road without a toll-tag. The man will make sure the NTTA gets their $3.72!! Baleedat

Comment

• In other words, your case isn’t going to increase revenue for the police dept., court or county so go fuck yourself. This is exactly why we should vote for less govt every chance you get.

Comment

• At least he was honest and upfront with you instead of stringing you along.

Comment

• Not surprised at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                In other words, your case isn’t going to increase revenue for the police dept., court or county so go fuck yourself. This is exactly why we should vote for less govt every chance you get.
                                Not one case that goes to county makes my police department a dime. We lose money on every case filed. Not to mention the amount we receive for citations is not near the wind fall you think. We also have zero profit from locking someone up, and it costs us money to instanter someone in a jail or put them in for warrants.

I was trying to help explain the process and there is always one guy that wants to go all government conspiracy theory. We get our money from taxes, voted on by the city council, elected by the people. My city could give two shits if we are out writing citations. They like community oriented and we oblige. Like I said, we have more time to investigate this stuff. Bigger cities have to prioritize their time a little more.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X