No announcement yet.

I nearly killed someone last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fwiw, it's hard to say what you would do in a particular situation until youre actually in it, so take certain responses with a grain of salt.

in the end, you didnt get hurt, so i say you did good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      ^^^^ if you have a family you have an obligation to protect yourself as well as them. Part of protecting yourself is using lethal Force if you have put yourself into a position where lethal Force might be used against you. If you are unwilling to shoot someone then you do not need to be carrying a gun. If you don't want to have to live with shooting someone then don't carry a gun or point one at someone.
      That is a good point to tell all law enforcement. You draw your side arm, you better draw to pull the trigger!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        fwiw, it's hard to say what you would do in a particular situation until youre actually in it, so take certain responses with a grain of salt.

in the end, you didnt get hurt, so i say you did good enough.
        It is also ridiculous to claim that one course of action is best in every scenario. While it may not be ideal to pull a gun and threaten to shoot in 90% of scenarios, it could have been the perfect thing to do here. Every situation is different.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

You must yell stop ressisting as you shoot then 4-5 times after the shot. then sprinkle some crack on him and get out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            That is a good point to tell all law enforcement. You draw your side arm, you better draw to pull the trigger!!!!
            The Polizei do just that. You will never see them draw a gun but if you do you will see them shoot someone. They are so well trained that the public would never even question them doing it.

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
            You must yell stop ressisting as you shoot then 4-5 times after the shot. then sprinkle some crack on him and get out of there.
            Outstanding advice. I wonder why I didn't think of it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Outstanding advice. I wonder why I didn't think of it.
              I
              Thought you were a cop or ex cop? I thought this was day 1 training stuff?

Comment

The Polizei do just that. You will never see them draw a gun but if you do you will see them shoot someone. They are so well trained that the public would never even question them doing it.
                this is a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  this is a joke right?
                  Not a joke at all. You obviously haven't spent much time in Germany.

They are also a bunch of ass stomping motherfukers, even the girls. They rarely draw a gun because they don't need one.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    I
                    Thought you were a cop or ex cop? I thought this was day 1 training stuff?
                    I called in sick a lot......

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      one thing my instructor taught us was not to specifically say "ill shoot you," more along the lines of "if you dont stop, i'll stop you."

not sure if it matters, but i suppose he had his reasons to teach that.

you definitely need to take a LTC class and learn the laws
                      If you have the time to talk about it point the gun at their crotch and tell them that you are going to shoot them in the dick.

Comment

Not a joke at all. You obviously haven't spent much time in Germany.

They are also a bunch of ass stomping motherfukers, even the girls. They rarely draw a gun because they don't need one.
                        ah, I thought you where talking about American police. that's why I thought it was a joke.

Comment

this is a joke right?
                          Consider the source.. everything he says is a joke.

Comment

ah, I thought you where talking about American police. that's why I thought it was a joke.
                            There is a huge difference in the culture of law enforcement between our two countries. Local law enforcement in Germany is heavily decentralized from the overall government because of what the Nazis did back in the day. In general the armed police officers on the street have done a minimum of two and a half years of hard training in a police academy. Once they've been on patrol for 6 years with Good Conduct they are eligible to go to a higher level of training. They also pay them a starting salary of about 150 Grand per year US. Because of the decentralized nature of their law enforcement the details vary from region to region.

They are also mean as shit even by German standards and you do not want to cross them. I hooked up with a 6-foot tall 175 lb woman police officer once when I was on vacation over there and she was way rougher than I was used to. It was basically a real fight in the bedroom with her enjoying every second of it and me wondering what the fuck was going on and if I'm going to jail for this.

Comment

SVO, do you tell these tales to people face to face? If so, do you read their reactions? Or do you save yourself for a keyboard because of the ease and convenience in creating such timeless masterpieces?

Comment

Scary situation for sure...

You won by not capping the thief ...

F'ing up your life over some wigged out crackhead is just not worth it.

Now if he had actually attacked you it would be an entirely different scenario.

btw... 15 feet is too close for comfort....

Nice job not peeing on yourself.

mardyn

Comment

Working...
                                X