I nearly killed someone last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    SVO, do you tell these tales to people face to face? If so, do you read their reactions? Or do you save yourself for a keyboard because of the ease and convenience in creating such timeless masterpieces?
    If I've had some caffeine that day and a topic comes up in conversation I will talk your ear off. My long-term friends think that that is hysterical because you used to not be able to pry two words out of me in a day.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      If I've had some caffeine that day and a topic comes up in conversation I will talk your ear off. My long-term friends think that that is hysterical because you used to not be able to pry two words out of me in a day.
      You're the best bullshitter Ive ever read. If you're not a novelist, then you missed your calling in my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
        I'm glad for your sake that you didn't have to shoot him. That would seriously complicate your life.
        Most likely but a solid no bill depending on how far down the street his car was. I mean was it just parked on the street on the other side of the house or.......? By the story it sounds like it was solid mile down the road! Might be a supreme court case on extension of the property by sight with no HL if he was even charged for UCW.

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
        Props to you for not smoking his ass. The part about having to go get a gun and come back would’ve likely gotten your ass in a bind. At that point you’re better off just calling the cops and watching from a distance.
        Why, he has the same ability to protect his property as we do. If that guy had presented a blade, and really maybe even not (Switch blades), then he elevated it to a deadly force situation not the OP.

The big question for you fellas is-is 100 dollars in bullshit worth the time and money.
        Last edited by kingjason; 03-27-2019, 10:44 AM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          The big question for you fellas is-is 100 dollars in bullshit worth the time and money.
          Exactly. And even more important IMO - is that 100 dollars in bullshit worth killing someone. I agree thieves are worthless bastards and blah blah blah, but at the end of the day i don't want to have to bear the burden of having taken someones life unless i absolutely had to.

I think there's still a great deal of gray between when in an incident it becomes legally justifiable versus absolutely necessary to use lethal force.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            Exactly. And even more important IMO - is that 100 dollars in bullshit worth killing someone. I agree thieves are worthless bastards and blah blah blah, but at the end of the day i don't want to have to bear the burden of having taken someones life unless i absolutely had to.

I think there's still a great deal of gray between when in an incident it becomes legally justifiable versus absolutely necessary to use lethal force.
            I wouldn't kill someone for stealing my shit, unless they were in my home. Now if the dude pulled out a knife and started steppin I can't say I wouldn't have shot him.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              I wouldn't kill someone for stealing my shit, unless they were in my home.
              Obviously if we're talking about a home invasion things change a bit - that statement was made regarding the OP's situation.

Comment

Could have, should have.....

I'm glad it worked out mate.

Comment

I'm sure. Do us a favor and wear a body cam next time this happens. Then post up the reactions of those you tell these tales of marvel. You could start your own youtube channel.
                  Thing is, I'm not convinced you would know whether to shit or wind your watch given the op's situation. Change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                    Scary situation for sure...

You won by not capping the thief ...

F'ing up your life over some wigged out crackhead is just not worth it.

Now if he had actually attacked you it would be an entirely different scenario.

btw... 15 feet is too close for comfort....

Nice job not peeing on yourself.

mardyn
                    I tell you man, half the battle was trying to hold still, I'm glad my pants where a little baggy or he would have seen my knees knocking. lol

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Most likely but a solid no bill depending on how far down the street his car was. I mean was it just parked on the street on the other side of the house or.......? By the story it sounds like it was solid mile down the road! Might be a supreme court case on extension of the property by sight with no HL if he was even charged for UCW.

Why, he has the same ability to protect his property as we do. If that guy had presented a blade, and really maybe even not (Switch blades), then he elevated it to a deadly force situation not the OP.

The car is 30 to 40 yards from my house tops. I told him to get out of the car and leave my crap there when he goes, I also told him I was calling the cops. I then pulled into my driveway and went into the house, when I came back out he was in the street, he then came onto my property and then I pulled my gun out. I came out to see which way he was running, not expecting him to stick around.

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post

I was only out there to try and get his ass arrested, I didn't want to shoot. When I went back to my camera footage I saw that he had been there for a while, and was trying to open peoples garage doors, and digging through their trash.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    I'm sure. Do us a favor and wear a body cam next time this happens. Then post up the reactions of those you tell these tales of marvel. You could start your own youtube channel.
                    Thing is, I'm not convinced you would know whether to shit or wind your watch given the op's situation. Change my mind.
                    as far as has been told, SVO says he has shot and killed someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                      You're the best bullshitter Ive ever read. If you're not a novelist, then you missed your calling in my opinion...
                      About 25 years ago I worked as a subcontractor for FoMoCo and was north of the Arctic Circle in Canada for an entire winter. One of the guys there with me had quite the talent for writing and made short stories out of everything that I told him. Once the contract was up we both went our separate ways but he came for a visit in Dallas once and was nearly traumatized when he found out from my friends that the stories were true. I kept his notebooks for years but I don't know if I still have them stashed anywhere. His gift for putting things down on paper far exceeded my storytelling abilities. My favorite story that he wrote was called "Girlfriend grave robber". One of his stories about me was titled "Day dreaming Speed Racer".
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

About 25 years ago I worked as a subcontractor for FoMoCo and was north of the Arctic Circle in Canada for an entire winter. One of the guys there with me had quite the talent for writing and made short stories out of everything that I told him. Once the contract was up we both went our separate ways but he came for a visit in Dallas once and was nearly traumatized when he found out from my friends that the stories were true. I kept his notebooks for years but I don't know if I still have them stashed anywhere. His gift for putting things down on paper far exceeded my storytelling abilities. My favorite story that he wrote was called "Girlfriend grave robber". One of his stories about me was titled "Day dreaming Speed Racer".
                        Holy shit. Bar raised. We now have an SVO story about SVO stories...north of the Arctic Circle of course...

Comment

Perhaps there’s even a Poloroid, which right now can’t be found of course, of SVO having milk and cookies with Santa Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            I wouldn't kill someone for stealing my shit, unless they were in my home. Now if the dude pulled out a knife and started steppin I can't say I wouldn't have shot him.
                            I generally agree with you about not wanting to kill someone over a simple property crime.

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            Holy shit. Bar raised. We now have an SVO story about SVO stories...north of the Arctic Circle of course...
                            Don't let the fancy location in the Arctic Circle fool you, it wasn't exactly glamorous. I changed a shit ton of intake manifolds that got blown off the engine and power steering pumps that cannot handle a cold startup and self-destructs nearly instantly. Although I had an SVO back then there was no such thing as a screen name or an email address that I knew of so I wasn't exactly SVO yet.

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Perhaps there’s even a Poloroid, which right now can’t be found of course, of SVO having milk and cookies with Santa Claus.
                            You do know that Santa Claus is Odin don't you? The Red-Nosed Reindeer comes from Oden's personal reindeer eating people killed by Odin and having blood on his nose. I may be mistaken but I don't think Polaroid's or most films work when it's 40 below zero.
                            Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-27-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I generally agree with you about not wanting to kill someone over a simple property crime.

Don't let the fancy location in the Arctic Circle fool you, it wasn't exactly glamorous. I changed a shit ton of intake manifolds that got blown off the engine and power steering pumps that cannot handle a cold startup and self-destructs nearly instantly. Although I had an SVO back then there was no such thing as a screen name or an email address that I knew of so I wasn't exactly SVO yet.

You do know that Santa Claus is Odin don't you? The Red-Nosed Reindeer comes from Oden's personal reindeer eating people killed by Odin and having blood on his nose. I may be mistaken but I don't think Polaroid's or most films work when it's 40 below zero.
                              40 below.. who would leave a camera out in the cold. And you can also take pic indoors.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                                40 below.. who would leave a camera out in the cold. And you can also take pic indoors.
                                If I took a picture indoors with Santa Claus how would you know that it was at the North Pole instead of Santa just visiting my house?

Comment

Working...
                                X