As I get older........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I get older........

The music seems to get softer that I listen to. I used to dig Slipknot, drowning pool, mudvayne, ect
    But now I seem to listen to more Zakk Wylde and Shinedown.
    Is it just age or is there really just not much out there in that genre that I used to listen to?
    I'll still crank it up when dig, duality, ect come on but it just seems like my radio stays down quite a bit.

Sellout!!
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

If you do not have a system that blast "Master of Puppets" into your ears when your alarm clock goes off you need to have you T-levels checked.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        If you do not have a system that blast "Master of Puppets" into your ears when your alarm clock goes off you need to have you T-levels checked.
        " Now that you mention it I have been feeling a little tingling between my toes lately, I just thought it was some athletes foot or something."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Sellout!!
            By all means please enlighten me to something thats new that rocks. Hurry before I start shaking my fist at kids!

Comment

My two favorite contemporary rockin' bands are:

The Sword. Stoner metal band from Austin. The best compliment I can give them is that they are HUGE in Sweden/Norway/Finland. Last year's album is pretty good, but maybe a little more mellow than some of their older stuff. A good example is Chronomancer II: Nemesis off of the Warp Riders Album.

Airborne. Australian band that is basically like they were frozen in 1987 and thawed in 2012. Their videos are great. Mostly smokey Aussie burnouts and the biggest collection of Marshall stacks ever.

Airbourne's video for 'Live It Up' from the album, Black Dog Barking - available now on Roadrunner Records. - CD: http://smarturl.it/AirbourneBDBcd- iTunes: ...

Comment

I have digged airbourne for a while they have a kind of AC/DC sound to them.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                  I have digged airbourne for a while they have a kind of AC/DC sound to them.
                  Yeah they're pretty fun. The Sword is my favorite band these days. It's not all gold, but most of it is if you're feelin' metal.

Edit: There's a crazy Japanese band called Sigh. It's wacky, but there's some solid guitar in there.

Visigoth is pretty fun and very new. Feels old school for sure.

The Ocean, Phanerozoic ain't bad.

Black Label Society recently released Grimmest Hits, which is pretty fun.

You can tell from this list, but I prefer crooners that do metal opera albums as opposed to standard issue cookie monster singers and death-death-death albums.
                  Last edited by BLAKE; 04-01-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Yeah they're pretty fun. The Sword is my favorite band these days. It's not all gold, but most of it is if you're feelin' metal.
                    They trying to bring back the 5 minute intros? That link you posted to the sword was a solid 4 minutes like Pink Floyd and some Metallica songs lol

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                      They trying to bring back the 5 minute intros? That link you posted to the sword was a solid 4 minutes like Pink Floyd and some Metallica songs lol
                      Not all of their songs are that way, that's just one of my favorites. Maybe a deeper cut for those that already dig 'em.

Comment

Still dig all the old stuff but Five Finger Death Punch is my new favorite. Shinedown has put out some good stuff though recently. Hell I listen to everything though depending on my mood.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          Still dig all the old stuff but Five Finger Death Punch is my new favorite. Shinedown has put out some good stuff though recently. Hell I listen to everything though depending on my mood.
                          Man I really try to like 5FDP but I can't get passed ol Ivan the front man being a huge PETA freak I know it doesn't really have anything to do with their music but every time I see or hear him I just want to punch him in his throat.

Comment

The exact opposite happened to me.

I went from the nu metal bands you mentioned and just keep getting heavier and heavier.

Amon Amarth, Devil Driver, Dyscarnate, Zornheym, Anup Sastry, ToothGrinder . . . yea, I relize it looks like I'm just making up bands names at this point, but that's the kind of shit running through my spotify list right now.
                            sigpic

Comment

shit , i win . i have no idea who any of these people are .

Comment

Working...
                              X