What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Yeah, these older people just don't want to listen. My cousin in laws dad, is about 80, said he doesn't give a shit and is going out and doing whatever the fuck he wants. Going to the stores, pharmacies, not washing his hands, not wearing a mask or handkerchief, etc. This disease is a terrible way to die since you are in pain and suffering the whole time til you croak.
    I'm not of that age but I have had the flu a few times in my life and it fucking sucks, this shit is supposed to be worse, especially the older you get...

Trying to tell an 80 year old man anything is like yelling at a hurricane to go away. I don't know why the older people get the more they turn into Emotional Vampires.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Though not PC, it would be of some interest to include ethnicity in the data. Why have comments formerly dispensed by and reported by the NSM from Ocasio-Cortez ad nauseum not so long ago stopped?
      She's backing Bernie so they don't care about her anymore. Her district will probably be redrawn after the census anyway so she'll be out of a job soon regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Yeah, these older people just don't want to listen. My cousin in laws dad, is about 80, said he doesn't give a shit and is going out and doing whatever the fuck he wants. Going to the stores, pharmacies, not washing his hands, not wearing a mask or handkerchief, etc. This disease is a terrible way to die since you are in pain and suffering the whole time til you croak.
        I'm not of that age but I have had the flu a few times in my life and it fucking sucks, this shit is supposed to be worse, especially the older you get...
        Like the flu, with about 180 lbs standing on your chest, but just until u die.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post

Where are you seeing that it's starting to look over?
          It should start to wrap up once chloroquine is everywhere. I know of one woman who was in ICU on a ventilator, they gave it to her, and she's off the ventilator and will be going home in a couple of days. Works pretty well, and it's cheap too.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          New York has been compiling some really interesting data. It looks like high blood pressure and being old are the bigger risk factors.

https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov...253Atoolbar=no
          Being overweight is another big one. If you're fat, age doesn't matter anymore. It's killed some fatass 20 year olds. Makes sense. They got bigger, their lungs didn't. So watch out you fat bastards. Don't go thinking your safe just cause all you have is that ugly pot belly.
          Last edited by Gasser64; 04-08-2020, 02:06 AM.
          WH

Comment

• I’ve noticed many people not taking this seriously.. Home Depot is packed like a Saturday afternoon.. I was on my way to my moms house yesterday to do some yard work for her and 635 had some traffic.. it’s our own society’s fault this shit keeps spreading..
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• My mom gets it now. Finally. She hurt her back so I went over to do her lawn and work on her edger. While she has been staying home, today she asked why I had a mask on. I told her it was to protect her old ass since I have to be in contact with folks every day at work. She went right in and put her mask on. She is 72 but is also type O blood and has some stupid low blood pressure, however, she has smoked like a train her entire life.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                I’ve noticed many people not taking this seriously.. Home Depot is packed like a Saturday afternoon.. I was on my way to my moms house yesterday to do some yard work for her and 635 had some traffic.. it’s our own society’s fault this shit keeps spreading..
                Lowe's just ran a spring black Friday thing. Not an employee in the store with a mask. None of the postal workers had on masks today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  I’ve noticed many people not taking this seriously.. Home Depot is packed like a Saturday afternoon.. I was on my way to my moms house yesterday to do some yard work for her and 635 had some traffic.. it’s our own society’s fault this shit keeps spreading..
                  Yea, I made a grocery run yesterday. I’d say over half didn’t wear a mask. Those people were also the ones that would get to frackin’ close to everyone else. I suppose we’ll eventually hear about fights breaking out over this.

Also stopped by my favorite coffee shop to pick up some coffee beans. It’s a small, family owned and operated shop. They appear to be doing well in selling beans but I could see that they had barely sold any baked goods, even though it was almost 4pm. I ended up buying a few more things and giving a big tip. That place has my damn good coffee beans so I really hope they make it through this..

BTW, I’m starting to look like Mr Bean with very shaggy hair. I haven’t had a haircut since Feb 9th. I was actually scheduled to get a cut the day they shut it all down. My stylist is another person that is going to get a massive tip when this crap is finally over. She not only does a great job for me but works well with my autistic son. I’m going to drop at least $100 on her, maybe more.

I’m seriously curious as to how long our society will put up with this isolation. Bill Gates says we should lock everything down even tighter than it is for at least 10 weeks. While I agree that would work, I also see that as being totally undoable in any reality. Many made fun of the Lt Gov offering up the elderly as a sacrifice to protect the economy. I laughed and him as well and thought, you first, but at some point more and more people are just going to be done with this and say fuck it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    Yea, I made a grocery run yesterday. I’d say over half didn’t wear a mask. Those people were also the ones that would get to frackin’ close to everyone else. I suppose we’ll eventually hear about fights breaking out over this.

Also stopped by my favorite coffee shop to pick up some coffee beans. It’s a small, family owned and operated shop. They appear to be doing well in selling beans but I could see that they had barely sold any baked goods, even though it was almost 4pm. I ended up buying a few more things and giving a big tip. That place has my damn good coffee beans so I really hope they make it through this..

BTW, I’m starting to look like Mr Bean with very shaggy hair. I haven’t had a haircut since Feb 9th. I was actually scheduled to get a cut the day they shut it all down. My stylist is another person that is going to get a massive tip when this crap is finally over. She not only does a great job for me but works well with my autistic son. I’m going to drop at least $100 on her, maybe more.

I’m seriously curious as to how long our society will put up with this isolation. Bill Gates says we should lock everything down even tighter than it is for at least 10 weeks. While I agree that would work, I also see that as being totally undoable in any reality. Many made fun of the Lt Gov offering up the elderly as a sacrifice to protect the economy. I laughed and him as well and thought, you first, but at some point more and more people are just going to be done with this and say fuck it.
                    Do that for your stylist. I have a $100 haircut in ten days.

Comment

• $100 haircuts? I’m pissed that mine cost $14. Hell i use my own clippers from time to time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        Yea,
                        This has started to be my thought as well. Tons of people flat out aren't isolating and good weather is only making it worse.

And the problem is that all these influential people are able to just flaunt total deaths without having to answer to the bankruptcies, job loss, missed life events...etc. its such a cop out to just throw death numbers up and ignore the other half of whats being sacrificed.

Listening to only fauci on this is like letting insurance adjusters set the speed limits. When a profession is judged by only one metric (lives "saved" or lost), then you get very imbalanced decision making.

Comment

• Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                          $100 haircuts? I’m pissed that mine cost $14. Hell i use my own clippers from time to time.
                          I haven't been to a barber in 15 years. I stopped going when the one I had been going to for years said that he cleans his own pool and that pool guys were a rip off.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                            $100 haircuts? I’m pissed that mine cost $14. Hell i use my own clippers from time to time.
                            Same here, I think my lady might be $13 actually I just give her a $20 so I'm not sure. If this goes on until summer I'm going to look like Joe Exotic.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              I haven't been to a barber in 15 years. I stopped going when the one I had been going to for years said that he cleans his own pool and that pool guys were a rip off.
                              To use a pool guy for weekly pool maintenance is foolish. I do all my own regular maintenance on my pool, takes 15 minutes a week. Maybe an hour a week when leaves are falling. My pool is immaculate- my neighbor - whose pool guy is there 5 minutes a week - his pool looks like crap. Sand all over the bottom ( no pool cleaner), pressure gauge on the filter housing, reading about 20 PSI. But I do realize the pool guy will only do what you pay him to do.

Comment

• Things get a bit more expensive around Denver. My cut costs $25 and that’s after the $5 veterans discount. Right now they have zero income. I’m just going out of my way to tip more than usual.

BTW, not saying that anyone else here needs to. I’m fortunate to be able to do that. But, if you can, consider tipping a bit more. There are too many people out there really suffering.

Comment

Working...
                                X