What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
    What actually got passed? With a Republican President, House, and Senate? If the Democrats put it in there and the GOP signed off on it without even blinking despite total control over the process, do the party lines really mean anything?
    This has been my point for almost a decade. When it comes to screwing over Americans, universally, the two parties always agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      It’s not your money. It’s grand theft on the biggest scale ever seen. It’s my money, my kids money, their kids, and their kids and everyone’s for generations. You are supporting theft from generations that can’t vote and aren’t even born yet. It’s totally irresponsible and not a good idea in any sense. And most of it was stolen for BS purposes.
      I don’t like paying taxes anymore than the other guy but guess what they ain’t going away. There’s only two things certain in life, Death and Taxes. And you even get the latter with the former. The only thing I support is supporting people and business that can’t survive without money so that when this turns around they are able to pick up and move the Economy back to where it was. I don’t support other things my taxes go to like Govmt waste, but guess what? I can’t pick and choose where my money goes so I’m somewhat screwed like we all are.

Comment

What actually got passed? With a Republican President, House, and Senate? If the Democrats put it in there and the GOP signed off on it without even blinking despite total control over the process, do the party lines really mean anything?
        House is Democrat controlled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post

My mistake. Very well, aside from Justin Amash, where were the Republicans opposing all this pork? The two parties work in tandem with each other more often than not, not against each other. Sure they make a big show of it when something big is on the table (Or at least they used to pretend to up until about two weeks ago), but you'll notice that when the dust settles they both get plenty of money for any idiotic idea they come up with. So why suck one parties dick and pretend the other is "evil?" (not necessarily directed at you, but in general)

Comment

Am I forgetting something or in the beginning of Trumps presidency didn't the Republicans have both the house and the senate? WTF got done then.

I don't claim political affiliation but I lean towards being a conservative. I also believe that most politicians are nothing but money grubbing showboats. I like what Trump has done and believe he has been good for the country but in 2016 it completely blew me away that Hillary and Trump were our two choices. I mean out of all the people in the US how did we end up with those two choices. Trump 100 percent won because people are tired of the same ole same ole bullshit. It is a real shame Perot dropped out when he ran. I would have liked to have seen what a guy like that with not nearly as many skeletons in the closet could have accomplished. I 100 percent believe that his family was probably threatened and in danger. Look at all the corruption that has came out after Trump got elected.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My mistake. Very well, aside from Justin Amash, where were the Republicans opposing all this pork? The two parties work in tandem with each other more often than not, not against each other. Sure they make a big show of it when something big is on the table (Or at least they used to pretend to up until about two weeks ago), but you'll notice that when the dust settles they both get plenty of money for any idiotic idea they come up with. So why suck one parties dick and pretend the other is "evil?" (not necessarily directed at you, but in general)
              I don't like politicians anymore than you do, trust me. I think that's why I liked Trump from the very start, he aint one. I mean sometimes you have to be political, but for the most part the reason DC wants to get rid of him is because he WON'T tow the line. He is very ego centric, and sometimes acts immature, but I think that's why I like him too. He doesn't take any shit and pushes back. Never before has there been a President that has pushed back like he has. And they hate it. He also knows how to get a reaction and a lot of what he does he does for his base, yes because they helped him get elected.

As far as the Repubs pushing this/these bills through, they had to compromise or else the majority would not have helped pass it through. That's why at the beginning he said no because it was so stuffed with irrelevant crap. The final bill albeit contained not as much pork, still had some bullshit associated with it but they wanted it passed to get the financial assistance.

If it were up to me there would be term limits for these a-holes, as in 1 or 2 terms MAX, NO LOBBYING at all allowed or instant termination, no outside revenue allowed, etc. Too many outside influences other than the people they represent influence these money/power hungry people and that's a problem. Maybe robots can make these laws and decisions and have the Constitution programmed in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Am I forgetting something or in the beginning of Trumps presidency didn't the Republicans have both the house and the senate? WTF got done then.

I don't claim political affiliation but I lean towards being a conservative. I also believe that most politicians are nothing but money grubbing showboats. I like what Trump has done and believe he has been good for the country but in 2016 it completely blew me away that Hillary and Trump were our two choices. I mean out of all the people in the US how did we end up with those two choices. Trump 100 percent won because people are tired of the same ole same ole bullshit. It is a real shame Perot dropped out when he ran. I would have liked to have seen what a guy like that with not nearly as many skeletons in the closet could have accomplished. I 100 percent believe that his family was probably threatened and in danger. Look at all the corruption that has came out after Trump got elected.
                No, they only had the Senate at the Presidential election. Then won the Presidency, kept the Senate, and got a little more seats in the House, but still Dem majority there.

Comment

I mean out of all the people in the US how did we end up with those two choices.
                  I don't really know why Trump wanted to do it either. However, people who would actually be good for the country want NOTHING to do with being POTUS.

-Cost to get elected
                  -Hassles
                  -Loss of any privacy
                  -Difficulty getting grown adults to do their JOBS

....and so on. POTUS is one thing - what we need is great people in all the other spots too. 101 other reasons - but good people don't want the job.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

No, they only had the Senate at the Presidential election. Then won the Presidency, kept the Senate, and got a little more seats in the House, but still Dem majority there.
                    Oh yeah?

The 115th United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States of America federal government, composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. It met in Washington, D.C. from January 3, 2017, to January 3, 2019, during the final weeks of Barack Obama's presidency and the first two years of Donald Trump's presidency.

Several political scientists described the legislative accomplishments of this Congress as modest, considering that both Congress and the Presidency were under unified Republican Party control.[2][3][4][5] According to a contemporary study, "House and Senate GOP majorities struggled to legislate: GOP fissures and an undisciplined, unpopular president frequently undermined the Republican agenda. Most notably, clashes within and between the two parties strained old ways of doing business."[3]
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      like most guys, my first one.

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab/short bed. 2/4 drop, 360 with long tubes and a shaker blah blah blah
                      your high ass posted in the wrong thread, also holy fucking giant pics

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                        your high ass posted in the wrong thread, also holy fucking giant pics
                        guilty! and fixed

Comment

Oh yeah?

The 115th United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States of America federal government, composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. It met in Washington, D.C. from January 3, 2017, to January 3, 2019, during the final weeks of Barack Obama's presidency and the first two years of Donald Trump's presidency.

Several political scientists described the legislative accomplishments of this Congress as modest, considering that both Congress and the Presidency were under unified Republican Party control.[2][3][4][5] According to a contemporary study, "House and Senate GOP majorities struggled to legislate: GOP fissures and an undisciplined, unpopular president frequently undermined the Republican agenda. Most notably, clashes within and between the two parties strained old ways of doing business."[3]
                          You do realize that Congress is made up of both the Senate and the House?

Comment

Maybe I am missing something or you are. When Trump took office, the presidency, house of reps, and senate were all controlled by republicans? No?

I remember thinking shit was going to get done and absolutely fucking nothing got done. So the useless republicans and democrats are always just wasting money and going in circles.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Maybe I am missing something or you are. When Trump took office, the presidency, house of reps, and senate were all controlled by republicans? No?

I remember thinking shit was going to get done and absolutely fucking nothing got done. So the useless republicans and democrats are always just wasting money and going in circles.
                              The Republicans were majority Senate only before Trump, then he won Presidency and they kept Senate majority and then got the Presidency. Now maybe during a non-Presidency race in between they had it and lost it?

Comment

• After the 2016 elections the Republicans held all three branches of government until the 2018 midterms. When Trump was sworn in he had a Republican Congress and a Republican Senate. Too many Republicans were butthurt about Trump's personality, so much so that they refused to pass legislation that they claimed that they had been working their entire careers to get passed. John McCain's bitch-ass is the reason Obamacare did not get repealed.

Trump getting elected exposed the old-school Republicans for exactly what they are; Democrat lites that mouth certain words to get elected but have no intention of ever following through on anything they've ever spoken about.

You didn't see the Democrats pussyfooting around when they held both houses and the presidency. They got Obamacare passed and were going to give everyone amnesty and basically eliminate the Second Amendment after Obama won his second term. If it wasn't for the Tea Party Revolution taking over both houses America would be over right now as we've known it. The truly Insidious thing about the Democrats and the lap dog Republicans is that the Democrats were going to get the Republicans to do their dirty work when it came down to granting amnesty and opening the borders to everyone.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X