What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Were going to do Broken Bow again. It's close and cheap enough to be low risk...plus the whole point in going there is to social distance.
    That's a good idea. Wife & I do the same. And one of the interesting things about that area is all the critters that come out at night.

Cool stuff...

Comment

• The local Walmart and Costco have pretty much stopped caring. They have the staff wearing face masks but they don't bother wiping down carts or have sanitizer at the doors any more. That and they aren't limiting capacity at all.

As for Costco though it's sped things up dramatically. The cashiers do everything other than pay for the stuff now. I went at lunch and they had a sign at the door with items they were out of which of course was Clorox, bleach and toilet paper. They did have giant TP rolls like you see in state parks but no smaller packs. Everything else was pretty much back to business as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
        That's a good idea. Wife & I do the same. And one of the interesting things about that area is all the critters that come out at night.

Cool stuff...

That looks amazing. Did you rent a boat or haul one up there?

We've been several times but never actually been out on a boat. Its been amazing to see how much that area has exploded. I've been telling my wife it's the next hill country and I think it'll eventually be just as good as central Texas If you just want an escape with wineries, breweries and outdoor mountain/water fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          That looks amazing. Did you rent a boat or haul one up there?

We've been several times but never actually been out on a boat. Its been amazing to see how much that area has exploded. I've been telling my wife it's the next hill country and I think it'll eventually be just as good as central Texas If you just want an escape with wineries, breweries and outdoor mountain/water fun.
          On that particular trip is was a week boat rental. I think it was a 19ft. Sea Ray out of Beavers Bend Marina. Broken Bow Lake is beautiful. However, I think regarding the city of Broken Brow it is kind of sad. It's a low income community. We brought all of our supplies with us when we went out. It's really cool. We enjoyed it. Made several trips.
          Last edited by LS1Goat; 04-28-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
            Anyone else booking vacations?
            Vegas golf trip in June. Belize in August. Hawaii in October.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
              Vegas golf trip in June. Belize in August. Hawaii in October.

Awesome.

I've always wanted to go to Belize. Have you been before?

I go to Vegas in October for a trade show. Going five days. Two for trade show and three fun.

Going to Miami in August for my mom's bday

Comment

• Assuming things don’t go to hell this fall, we’re planning to go visit my in-laws in Japan.

Comment

Awesome.

I've been to Belize City a few times and just booked a cruise to there in March 2022. It's not my favorite destination but if you want tropical, can't speak Spanish and don't want to deal with currency exchanges it's pretty cool. Caye Cauker is quite a haul but it offers world class snorkeling and scuba, Altun Ha and Lamanai are also nearly as impressive as anything in Mexico but they don't have the same marketing power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                    OMG we all gonna die! I just bought a new big screen though! Thanks Uncle Sammy!
                    Anyone checked on Private Goatfucker? He hasn't posted since 04-26-2020, 09:52 AM.

Any chance he wrecked his rig full of horse dildos and died, or got shot in a m4m truck stop encounter gone wrong?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      Nothing. It is being blown way out of proportion.
                      At the time US had 14k positive results, and under 1000 deaths. Now well over a million and over 50k deaths. Curious if you still believe this? My hospital is only 61 inpatient beds, 6 bed ICU, and 13 bed ER so we are small, just curious in a big city, a month later if you still feel the same.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                        At the time US had 14k positive results, and under 1000 deaths. Now well over a million and over 50k deaths. Curious if you still believe this? My hospital is only 61 inpatient beds, 6 bed ICU, and 13 bed ER so we are small, just curious in a big city, a month later if you still feel the same.....
                        I'll let Dr. Dave speak for himself, but I will tell you that as a former Paramedic I have a nexus of folks that are still in the business. I know a group of people in Interventional radiology at a local hospital that have yet to see one true positive Covid case. They are taking what we call Universal precautions.

Understand the numbers are being padded on Covid. People who are elderly who are dying from underlying conditions are being "linked" to Covid. I'll give you a hint. You get further funding when you report Covid related patients. The numbers aren't real. Nobody really knows what the data actually is. People that are COPD and die from getting the common cold or mild influenza is just life. With or without Corona virus.
                        Last edited by LS1Goat; 04-29-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I'll let Dr. Dave speak for himself, but I will tell you that as a former Paramedic I have a nexus of folks that are still in the business. I know a group of people in Interventional radiology at a local hospital that have yet to see one true positive Covid case. They are taking what we call Universal precautions.

Understand the numbers are being padded on Covid. People who are elderly who are dying from underlying conditions are being "linked" to Covid. I'll give you a hint. You get further funding when you report Covid related patients. The numbers aren't real. Nobody really knows what the data actually is. People that are COPD and die from getting the common cold or mild influenza is just life. With or without Corona virus.
                          Are they outpatient? I find it hard to believe that anyone, at any hospital with any census would see no positives. We are the only true hospital in our small county, but even as a small hospital we have seen dozens of positives.

I don't believe the number of actual cases are padded, I actually think they are way under the reported number. As far as deaths it depends on which side of the fence you are on. For underlying issues it is typically coded as complications of Covid-19, same as any other case that a person had an underlying issue and the infectious disease just sped up the process, I am on the side that believes those should be listed as a Covid death.
                          And I know what you are saying about further funding, it is something to the effect of $13k additional for hospitalization and $39k if they have to be intubated while an inpatient. All this does is entices medicare and medicaid fraud, although each case must meet certain criteria including a positive result.

And I didn't raise the question to Dave to start a pissing match, I was truly interested in what he is seeing in Houston and his opinion. I go back and forth between it is blown out of proportion and scared to go anywhere.

Comment

Awesome.

Went once, guy tried to sell cocaine right outside of the cruise terminal. Never went back.

Comment

Comment

• I have a Canada/New England cruise booked in September out of NYC. The last place in the world I want to be cruising out of right now. We will probably ancel and just set on the credit and see if things settle down for next year. This would have been our first cruise at Platinum level.

Comment

Working...
                                X