What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
    What y'all doing in Dallas Texas? Nashville Tn is starting to resemble a sense of normalcy. Traffic is up for sure. I'm really happy with the lack of vaginally controlled people here.
    Kaufman has never given a shit. Traffic, people without masks, etc. The only thing is that people like me can't be open for business.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Kaufman has never given a shit. Traffic, people without masks, etc. The only thing is that people like me can't be open for business.

We are supposed to open a lot of non "essentials" here on May 1.

What do you do?

I was considered essential being in a manufacturing based construction business here. My Arkansas plant was also the same. I think any service based business is essential.

Comment

We are supposed to open a lot of non "essentials" here on May 1.

What do you do?

I was considered essential being in a manufacturing based construction business here. My Arkansas plant was also the same. I think any service based business is essential.
        I own a thrift store. My dad is an electrician and was considered essential. I feel it's stupid to have Wal-Mart packed, yet my store with 10-25 people in at any one time has to be closed.

Comment

• A new study seems to confirm what we’ve all pretty much already suspected. If you don’t have underlying health issues, you’ll most likely be OK if you catch this crap. In a nutshell, only 6% of people that actually got admitted to the hospital for COVID had no underlying health issues. The other 94% had hypertension, diabetes, or were obese.

I checked the CDC’s website and it says that 4.6% of people that get COVID ever need to go to the hospital. So that 6% is out of that 4.6%, a very low number.

So for my family, with no health issues, I feel pretty good about things (though we’re still being careful). But my Mom has all three of those risk factors. She gets this, she’s dead. Fortunately she’s taken it to heart and is staying home.

Only 6 percent of patients at one New York area health system had no chronic conditions. Hypertension, obesity and diabetes were common.

I speculate that one societal change that could happen after this is a shift back towards healthy living. There are so many benefits to it to begin with but now there is a genuine fear that may motivate the majority. I know just the sight of my Mom’s decline and the fear of being her was plenty of motivation for me to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            In all seriousness, if I could have the option to voluntarily get infected with Covid and then have the anti-bodies to fight it in the future, I'd do it. This lock down nonsense is getting crazy. Massive government over-reach, destroyed economy, etc. Just do phased infections, recoveries, restoration.

We may be the disease, but we can also be the cure via herd immunity.
            Just a note on this. My brother seems to have made a full recovery. He and I talked last weekend and he said this was the first time in his life that he was genuinely scared he was going to die. He said he had never once been in any kind of pain like that. He had mostly fever and body aches. He said it was a genuine hell and he never got to the point of having respiratory issues. He’s a little overweight but in otherwise decent shape with no other issues. He didn’t have to go to the hospital either. But it all scared the shit out of him.

My brother is a mentally tough guy. But I think the COVID will challenge anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              Just a note on this. My brother seems to have made a full recovery. He and I talked last weekend and he said this was the first time in his life that he was genuinely scared he was going to die. He said he had never once been in any kind of pain like that. He had mostly fever and body aches. He said it was a genuine hell and he never got to the point of having respiratory issues. He’s a little overweight but in otherwise decent shape with no other issues. He didn’t have to go to the hospital either. But it all scared the shit out of him.

My brother is a mentally tough guy. But I think the COVID will challenge anyone.
              Glad he is recovered. But let's think about it from a different perspective. How much of the mental stress around this thing is due to the unknown, over-politicization and general media paranoia? I bet all of the crap going on added a lot more to the stressful situation.

I don't think history will look favorably on the reaction of our "leaders" to this one, and I'm talking worldwide. A lot of people are stealing money from hard working folks, making stupid decrees, and destroying families and lives for their own personal gain. I hope there is a higher power, so these people are duly rewarded for it in the long run.

Comment

Just a note on this. My brother seems to have made a full recovery.
                Glad to hear it! With all the horror stories from this crap I think I had a minor panic attack when it first started.

I don't really want to advertise the connections but I am very good friends with a member of the Trinity Episcopal Church who had direct contact with their pastor that was in the news and another friend's mom was a nurse that directly treated the man that died from it at the retirement center in Arlington.

I had seen, shook hands and probably had drinks with both of them since they were directly exposed. Thankfully they and their families weren't infected and we didn't have an outbreak at the retirement center.

Oh yeah my primary care physician is Robert Paul, Rand's brother. So that's 2 people I had contact with that were directly in contact with someone infected and another once removed from a death. As for people I know personally I have a cousin in NYC that tested positive this week. He's been working in Manhattan with the national guard and is in one of their quarantine facilities. No idea where, he's only told his wife and she's not talking.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Glad he is recovered. But let's think about it from a different perspective. How much of the mental stress around this thing is due to the unknown, over-politicization and general media paranoia? I bet all of the crap going on added a lot more to the stressful situation.

I don't think history will look favorably on the reaction of our "leaders" to this one, and I'm talking worldwide. A lot of people are stealing money from hard working folks, making stupid decrees, and destroying families and lives for their own personal gain. I hope there is a higher power, so these people are duly rewarded for it in the long run.
                  Yeah, most of us have had a bad flu before, but probably didn't do mental gymnastics about dying while going through it.

This whole thing has been a lesson in the unwieldy power of the media, and affirmation that government is looking to seize more control at every opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gigantic shit show. I've had one customer with a mask this week. Two weeks ago there were a a bunch. First handshake in awhile was yesterday.

Comment

Gigantic shit show. I've had one customer with a mask this week. Two weeks ago there were a a bunch. First handshake in awhile was yesterday.
                      That's the part that is irritating. It would be a lot better if the "leaders" and "press" were just honest and say this is what we know, here is what we don't know, adjust as new things are learned and let people make informed decisions. Sadly, it's all about appearances and growing government. If you haven't watched the new WACO show on Netflix, you should. The gov't response to this thing is eerily similar with politics and votes being more important than facts.

Comment

• They also don't want the people knowing how dead wrong they were and overblown it was. They will never admit that. They would rather lie and gin up/alter statistics, which they are already doing than say they were wrong.

Comment

I have seen a lot of med calls where people were having full on panic attacks after being in contact with someone with Covid, so it makes me wonder about the mental aspect. Like I said before I am 99.9 percent sure I had swine flu back in the day and it kicked my ass. Only time in my life I have ached and shivered like that for a couple of days but there was no big hype on that one. Plus I question the transmission part unless there are really that many people that don't show symptoms. There have been cases in my parts and even an employee at one place that got sick from it and had worked a shift allegedly. No one around her got sick.

The thing is, we will never know exactly how bad it would have been had they just let it run its course. We are about to see something interesting when they start opening everything up. If it takes off like wildfire or if it just slowly chugs along. No way that shit lives outdoors in Texas when it hits 100!

Also, I have tried to test my theory on this one tagging me, but fuck a 160.00 for the antibody test. If they want my O neg blood they should test me for free.
                          Last edited by kingjason; 04-24-2020, 11:19 AM.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

THats great news on your Bro.

Did your brother find out how he got it?
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              THats great news on your Bro.

Did your brother find out how he got it?
                              Mike sells flooring in Houston. He travels all over insuring the jobs get done to his specifications. He suspects he got it from one of his installers that had no symptoms.

His wife got it too. She only got a mild fever. Fortunately my nephew didn’t catch it. They did get an actual test done for confirmation.

He was happy to have a beer for draft night yesterday. It was his first since this whole ordeal.

Comment

• Trump said to inject Lysol for you do it yourself ers! Contact your local democratic representative for needles

Comment

Working...
                                X