No announcement yet.

Picked up a new Pick-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddamn potato pic!…. is that first picture from the sales brochure?
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Wont be THAT bad, probably around 12. You want bad, try my lifted V10 ram 4x4. Most big rigs get better mileage.
      Took ~5/8 of a tank to get her from Austin to Rockwall at ~75mph Haven't checked the actual mileage yet, the trip odometer hangs up on .9 miles.

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      thats awesome! i like those body years
      Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Damn you...this really makes me miss my old 98 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
      I had a 96 1500 Ext Cab in college and loved it. Sold it in 15 to buy my current F150. I drive by the truck on the way to the lake and the new owner has neglected it.

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
      You are supposed to use a Dr. Pepper can for sizing, not a Sprite bottle. Maybe that is why the pics are so big.
      CN
      FML

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      Goddamn potato pic!…. is that first picture from the sales brochure?
      Needs a horse trailer and then another shot with a goose-neck and a bobcat
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Looking for wheels for it. I've got leveling spacers on order for the front and i need to get rid of the 16x6s and 245/75/16s.

Anyone have any suggestions? Looking at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the BFG A/T for tires.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

Anyone have any suggestions? Looking at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the BFG A/T for tires.
          I can’t say enough good things about my Falken Wildpeak AT3/Ws. I always recommend those. Good in wet and all around terrain, not the best for mud. Not loud at all and wear great no cupping like the Duratracs I had before.

Comment

This truck will never see mud on purpose and I definitely don't want a noisy tire. I'll have to look into those Falkens
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Shieeet. I get that in my 6.4 Hemi with 3.73's, 14 if I'm all highway.
              I don't doubt that. Hemi's aren't exactly known for economy. I don't think I ever broke 16 with any of my 5.7 rams. My dad does right around 18mpg in his 19 Ram 5.7L and 8 speed.

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              Took ~5/8 of a tank to get her from Austin to Rockwall at ~75mph Haven't checked the actual mileage yet, the trip odometer hangs up on .9 miles.
              Well, it's a 34 gallon tank and around 220 miles depending on where in Austin, so I am pretty confident you're seeing double digits. Best my poor ram has ever done was 10 on a pure highway trip to Houston. I usually get 7-8mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                Well, it's a 34 gallon tank and around 220 miles depending on where in Austin, so I am pretty confident you're seeing double digits. Best my poor ram has ever done was 10 on a pure highway trip to Houston. I usually get 7-8mpg.
                Rough math says its ~10mpg. I'll be swapping the muffler for something a little more free flowing, along with an injector upgrade and swapping the computer for an 0411 and a little tuning.

Looking into either going to a 6spd auto, or adding a GearVendors unit to it at some point.

It's a big block and 4.10's so it isn't going to be stellar.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

6.0 swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Holy MPG Batman!
                    He should convert it to electric
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      6.0 swap.
                      If/when the 454 goes it'll get a 6.2.