No announcement yet.

Ford getting ready to tell dealers to get ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know that I’ll ever buy a new car again, but I ordered my 05 GT through Skip and his dad back in the day at 5 star. It was a great experience and I got to have one of the very few with a spoiler delete from the factory.

Back in the day (60’s), the vast majority of cars were ordered, not from dealer inventory. It led to a wide array of differently optioned cars, which is more interesting. For instance, my 66 only came with 3 options: AM radio, 289 2bbl, and the fastback roof. I gotta say, those are the only options I would’ve cared about back then too.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      It was a great experience and I got to have one of the very few with a spoiler delete from the factory.
      That's how I ordered my Black 05 GT as well, deluxe pkg, had tan cloth seats, automatic trans, electronics pkg, which included the MyColor gauges and spoiler delete.
      That car, my Cobra, and my recently purchased Aviator have been ordered from the factory, it is a little bit of a pain in the ass, but I wanted those cars a specific way.
      Like someone else said most of the time you can find what you want on a lot. My GT was hard to find but I finally got one in Arkansas but it was a Kona blue, Premium w/ black leather grey stitching, PP1, A-10, B&O sound, Active exhaust.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Gee sounds a lot like the cable and satellite television services scam.
        Pretty soon they'll have subscription only options like just about everything now.

"Oh, you want the Tech package? That includes a $75 a months subscription fee to ensure you always have the most up to date software and the best apps!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Pretty soon they'll have subscription only options like just about everything now.

"Oh, you want the Tech package? That includes a $75 a months subscription fee to ensure you always have the most up to date software and the best apps!"
          I ABSOLUTELY LOATH how everything is goin to this subscription based model.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Article: BMW Is Planning to Sell Heated Seats and More as a Subscription

Comment

The simple solution to this is buy old technology. It’s like doing your shopping in an antique mall. Hell the quality will be higher too and more than likely made in America. I have no problem with reverting to old tech on a lot of things. I know you can’t 100% but it’s ridiculous what you pay for these days.

Comment

Holy hell, they are cutting edge! I figured it would be a few more years before someone would have the balls!

Comment

exactly why i've been trying to get my hands on a ford store for the last 4 years, It's not hard to sell people what they want. Autonation started a war with me that will not end till i own one store in particular. with all their bullshit chinese parts being used on warranty repairs they've already been told that they will NEVER get another open point in texas.
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                    exactly why i've been trying to get my hands on a ford store for the last 4 years, It's not hard to sell people what they want. Autonation started a war with me that will not end till i own one store in particular. with all their bullshit chinese parts being used on warranty repairs they've already been told that they will NEVER get another open point in texas.
                    If you want a partner I'm down.

My hometown dealer was just purchased by Karl Malone and his backers. They do sell them, best bet is rural and to build online presence. Only downside is it's turning to the point where that won't matter. Rural service departments don't get the work, and your missing out on trades.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      I ABSOLUTELY LOATH how everything is goin to this subscription based model.
                      Yarr..
                      WH

Comment

So is it cheaper for the mfg to have all the features installed and then activate via extortion or a subscription at a later date, rather than have some parts installed at the factory and others left off via a constantly changing assembly line?
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

I would assume if it’s a subscription or flash of the computer it would be easy for people down the road to hack and get all the options they want. People easily gain access to ECUs and reprogram/reflash vehicles all of the time.

Comment

If it can be programmed, it can be hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                              I would like to hear details about everything you mentioned in this post.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              If it can be programmed, it can be hacked.
                              Did anyone here have a hacked DirecTV box? I remember one night when they sent out a kill code that bricked every single hacked box. It would be funny if they manage to do that with cars that have the software hacked.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                I would like to hear details about everything you mentioned in this post.

Did anyone here have a hacked DirecTV box? I remember one night when they sent out a kill code that bricked every single hacked box. It would be funny if they manage to do that with cars that have the software hacked.
                                They'd have to have a way to verify that the vehicle was not in motion for anything related to motion. Heated seats I could see, but not the adaptive cruise control.
                                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X