No announcement yet.

Cassette Deck Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my belts showed up. Evidently I didn't know there were different types. I got flat belts, my deck looks to need round belts? Maybe square?

Where can I find a round belt that is 18.375" long and another that is 3.875". Pulley groove width appears do be ~1mm.

Edit, found this site: http://www.cassettedrivebelts.com/ Ordered two belts that hopefully will work, just have to wait for them to ship from England.
    Last edited by Grimpala; 06-28-2023, 05:55 PM.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

If no one is gonna ask I will.. why in the world do you need an aftermarket cassette radio in 2023?
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I still have a Technics record player. Those things are solid relics man, all mechanical and more reliable than any junk out today. So why not? Gotta have something to play that Kriss Kross Jump single on!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          If no one is gonna ask I will.. why in the world do you need an aftermarket cassette radio in 2023?
          Because I have a lot of tapes that I want to listen to in my Chevelle.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I still have a Technics record player. Those things are solid relics man, all mechanical and more reliable than any junk out today. So why not? Gotta have something to play that Kriss Kross Jump single on!
          I too have a couple of turntables to play my records on. There's something nostalgic about dropping the needle on some vinyl.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I had a Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck that I sold on eBay in 2003. Never had a car with a cassette player though, had one with a 8-track and several with CD players.

Comment

Working...
            X