Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actually Working In the Tsunami Relief Effort...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Hey, 13 years old is legal over there. I don't want a high mileage import.
    that was funny as hell! you're a sick man but i like it!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
      you hit it right on the head. but, if i can get a payday, contribute to the cleanup/rebuild, and gain some life experience, what is wrong with that?
      Why don't you volunteer locally for that experience you seek? Waiting for a tragedy to cash in seems a bit... oh, I dunno. Scummy?
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        Hey, 13 years old is legal over there. I don't want a high mileage import.
        LMFAO! Once they're 16, they're all used up!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
          Why don't you volunteer locally for that experience you seek? Waiting for a tragedy to cash in seems a bit... oh, I dunno. Scummy?
          So I'm guessing you think doctors are scummy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            So I'm guessing you think doctors are scummy?
            NOPE Then again, not many can be very successful if they wait around for a natural disaster to fund their education, training, food and travel. Most doctors (from what I gather) put forth all kinds of effort to get the education necessary to follow their dream of becoming a doctor.

If I'm going to VOLUNTEER for something, I don't expect payment. Do you? As stated earlier, all kinds of people are going to try to make a buck off this tragedy and to me... those people are indeed scummy.

Comment

NOPE

If I'm going to VOLUNTEER for something, I don't expect payment. Do you? As stated earlier, all kinds of people are going to try to make a buck off this tragedy and to me... those people are indeed scummy.
              He never said volunteer. He clearly stated he was looking for work. Drs make an entire profession to profit from tragedy and misfortune. Admit that either you think Drs are scum or your logic is skewed and flawed. ADMIT IT!!!

Comment

NOPE Then again, not many can be very successful if they wait around for a natural disaster to fund their education, training, food and travel. Most doctors (from what I gather) put forth all kinds of effort to get the education necessary to follow their dream of becoming a doctor.

Don't look at it as volunteering. Look at it as seizing an opportunity that was not previously there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  He never said volunteer. He clearly stated he was looking for work. Drs make an entire profession to profit from tragedy and misfortune. Admit that either you think Drs are scum or your logic is skewed and flawed. ADMIT IT!!!
                  I'll never admit something like that. I'm a woman... DUH

Comment

The Japanese people are more than capable of helping themselves. It's a tragedy obviously but keep in mind that this is the same country that went head to head against us in the Pacific, after kicking China and Korea's asses.

Besides, if anyone is going to cash in on the relief effort it'll be the French. As long as Obama is running the US, Sarkozy will be calling the shots for the rest of the world. We are just a spectactor in world events now.

Comment

i understand your point. but being there first hand seeing the destruction and being an asset to the relief effort appeals to me.

i don't mean i am looking to scam anyone or rip anyone off. i will work my ass off to help them with whatever they need. i just can't afford to do it for free.

i guess the life experience part of that would be the same as you having a friend that is a LEO, or a combat veteran. you seek out the stories they have to tell and it means so much more coming from them because their experience was first hand.

hell, maybe i am "scummy".

Comment

A friend of mine works as an inspector for FEMA, and he gets all giddy when US natural disasters occur. He's not scum, just well qualified.

Comment

Haiti still needs plenty of help but don't be suprised when one day they go all crazy and start chopping off outsider heads again.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
                            i understand your point. but being there first hand seeing the destruction and being an asset to the relief effort appeals to me.

i don't mean i am looking to scam anyone or rip anyone off. i will work my ass off to help them with whatever they need. i just can't afford to do it for free.

i guess the life experience part of that would be the same as you having a friend that is a LEO, or a combat veteran. you seek out the stories they have to tell and it means so much more coming from them because their experience was first hand.

hell, maybe i am "scummy".
                            Well I didn't mean you were scum, and I didn't really read into it that you were all pumped out to help your fellow human so I took it that this was a way for some quick money/unlucky them=lucky you

When I want to help... when I TRULY want to HELP, money is no where near my mind. I have never sought or accepted any form of compensation for any help I've offered to friends, clients, and strangers throughout the years. The idea of taking money is foreign to me, because I was raised up that taking money for helping someone in need was just poor taste.

I don't see how an adjuster can get all giggity about natural disasters either... they're needed for their expertise, so they get paid for long and hard hours...in turn... they're there just to screw as many people suffering some form of personal tragedy (for the sake of the company) as possible.

My filter is set all negative today. Maybe I just need more nyquil and bedrest. Fuck who knows. I'll keep my grouchy ass comments to myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X