Factory Five Mk4 Cobra Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Babe Tomahawk View Post
    ^^^This - I always thought they were there to help reduce vibration.
    same
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      how exactly does it tear "away" when the shaft is straight down, seems like it would just cushion the shaft before it punches a hole in your chest.
      Don't ask me, I always understood them to come apart in a violent enough crash.. and reduce the amount of feedback back to the driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Don't ask me, I always understood them to come apart in a violent enough crash.. and reduce the amount of feedback back to the driver.
        The rag joint was used to absorb the vibration and alignment issues that occur when the frame moves on a bolt on body. Old cars that were rear steer, linkage and steering box behind the front crossmember used a solid short shaft to the jount, in those days they did not care much about safety. Newer cars with front steer, box and linkage in front of crossmember used longer shafts and would have a slider type shaft inside of shaft, most was a double D in design to allow for collapsing in case of frontal impact.

DON

Comment

• Learn something new everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            Learn something new everyday.
            and learning is half the battle!!
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Looking good, man.

Comment

• Motor is officially in, made a bracket for my brake reservoirs, And my harness " laid in".

"You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

• Looking good. When is the test drive around the block without the body? Everyone makes a video of that so we expect the same from you.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Damn that looks good!

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Looking good. When is the test drive around the block without the body? Everyone makes a video of that so we expect the same from you.
                      I couldn't agree more!! Look'n good!!
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarrod@lrs View Post
                        It was a FF. The tail lights I had little to do with. My father in law did most of it, I wouldn't say it was a hard swap though.
                        How did you get it titled such that you could run '66 plates?

Thanks.
                        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Wow simply beautiful

Comment

• I just got jealous. Right this moment. I'm sure it will be fun... I always wanted one. But I think mine would have to be a single seater.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Pretty sure that I just got jealous as well. Damned nice toy!!!!
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
                                How did you get it titled such that you could run '66 plates?

Thanks.
                                A bill has been past in texas that allows you to title a vehicle as the year it replicates.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, cant wait to get it out and do some cruises or something.

And matt, sorry I havent called you out to help, I mainly work on a whim when I get time.
                                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X