Comment

subd

cant wait to see the end
        WH

Comment

That dash came out looking great.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments on the dash. It has its flaws but for a first attempt at spraying metallic paint over an area that size I guess it turned out alright.

I sprayed epoxy primer over the areas we repaired on the cab and got the hood shimmed and installed. I also set the pinion angle and did the final welds on the axle.

We are going to get the bed on over the weekend and drive it to have the firewall color scanned to get an exact paint match. It has been off twice trying to match what good paint remained on the tailgate.

Last edited by NoClassic; 02-25-2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

My dad had a '58 Apache short box step side that I have very fond memories of. I was supposed to get it but he ended up selling it to his cousin. I love that body style.

Comment

Well it's looking great, I'd love to hear how it drives, and what kind of fuel mileage you're getting with that 5.3.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I will try to get some video over the weekend and will be sure to keep an eye on the initial fuel mileage.

Comment

Glossy paint is over rated...rock it out as-is!
                    Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                    I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

• The body is staying as is we just need a a matched color to cover the areas we had to repair. I will attempt to replicate the existing patina, but I am not too confident it will turn out that great.

My Dad finished up some stuff with the bed earlier today and I just helped him lift it onto the chassis. I am surprised we were able to get it on there but all that is left now is countersinking the offset washers and a couple shims.

I will try and get some better images this weekend.

Comment

• turned out badass

Comment

• I dig it.

Comment

• The truck was showing a P0785 fault. I pulled the pan and the 3-2 downshift solenoid was unplugged. Its nice it was an easy fix but sucks something like that was missed by the builder.

Comment

• How'd you go about adapting the guages
                              WH

Comment

• Yeah, now you're probably wondering what else was missed.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X