No announcement yet.

1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gauges are all electronic replacements in a custom housing. There is not much to adapt but for the metric threads for oil pressure and water temp sending units at the motor. The fuel level sending unit is late model GM which VDO makse a gauge for and the speedometer can be programmed for the PCM output pulse.

After buying everything I did find a company that will convert any classic cluster to electronic drives of your choice. I think next time we may give that a try as the stock clusters really look best in the older stuff.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    Yeah, now you're probably wondering what else was missed.
    We will find out soon enough. They were not very apologetic about the whole deal, but I trust they will stand behind the work should there be any more issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      The truck was showing a P0785 fault. I pulled the pan and the 3-2 downshift solenoid was unplugged. Its nice it was an easy fix but sucks something like that was missed by the builder.
      I was thinking yall were the ones building the truck
      WH

Comment

• I'm sure he's talking about who built the transmission
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• yeah we just had someone else build the transmission

Comment

• Very good man.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• The tubing for the gas fill tube showed up and I was able to get it done today.

I drove it around town and everything seems good. The transmission shifts smooth and went through all gears without slipping.

My Dad will take it for inspection next week and then do the registration.

Comment

The tubing for the gas fill tube showed up and I was able to get it done today.

I drove it around town and everything seems good. The transmission shifts smooth and went through all gears without slipping.

My Dad will take it for inspection next week and then do the registration.
                Antique plates?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I'm not sure.

If we could find a set from 58 in good shape that would be cool.

Comment

• No, register it as an antique and forget the inspection.

Comment

• 100 bucks for 5 years, but I think current plates are until March 2018, so the price will be discounted accordingly.

Comment

• I run antiques on 2 vehicles without any issues, however. there are officers that will and can pull you over for using them on the street. That said, I'm about to jump in my 82 regal with its antique plate and cruise over to a buddies for a get together.

Comment

• I think I remember him mentioning the use limitations when he considered the antique registration for his 51.

I will have him look into it though.

Comment

• Pfffffft

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              100 bucks for 5 years, but I think current plates are until March 2018, so the price will be discounted accordingly.
                              $50 for 5 years.

I'm running them on 6 of mine.

Comment

I'm not sure.

If we could find a set from 58 in good shape that would be cool.
                                Get antique plates, then when you find done nice 58 plates, take them up and have them transfer the antique registration to them.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X