Eff my apartment complex/Miata motor Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
    Screw a bpt or whatever, I would love on of these with an NA b16.
    Those things are crap, they blow up swiftly.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Those things are crap, they blow up swiftly.
      I've had a few and they worked great, beating on them daily. Plus it has one of the best rod to stroke ratios of the b series engines. My turbo 95 made 330hp on a stock long block and afaik it's still running, I built it in 06.
      Ded

Comment

Id do a turbo b18.

Comment

I've had a few and they worked great, beating on them daily. Plus it has one of the best rod to stroke ratios of the b series engines. My turbo 95 made 330hp on a stock long block and afaik it's still running, I built it in 06.
          Ive never seen one finish a lemons race.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Ive never seen one finish a lemons race.
            Wow, that's surprising. Maybe it's because of the money constraints, they are probably all clapped out before the race.
            Ded

Comment

Wow, that's surprising. Maybe it's because of the money constraints, they are probably all clapped out before the race.
              Yeah, you would be surprised at what will die in factory form and what lives. We built a 302 every race, but have 15000 RACE miles on our miata. 350 chevy's die quickly, most any honda engine, Mitsubishi, the 2.5 mazda/probe, 22r toyota, etc.

Comment

Lima 2.3 mafia forever.....

Comment

Yeah, you would be surprised at what will die in factory form and what lives. We built a 302 every race, but have 15000 RACE miles on our miata. 350 chevy's die quickly, most any honda engine, Mitsubishi, the 2.5 mazda/probe, 22r toyota, etc.
                  With the 302 and 350, is it an oiling problem that kills 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    Lima 2.3 mafia forever.....
                    One of the more reliable engines.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    With the 302 and 350, is it an oiling problem that kills 'em?
                    The 350 for sure, oil froth kills the bottom end. We had a carb issue that hurt a couple 302's, leaning out and burning pistons, then we couldnt keep it from blowing head gaskets, thought I acutally think we ended up with cracked heads when we swapped them out. Oiling or overheating (valve seats, etc) do kill a lot of engines.

Comment

One of the more reliable engines.

The 350 for sure, oil froth kills the bottom end. We had a carb issue that hurt a couple 302's, leaning out and burning pistons, then we couldnt keep it from blowing head gaskets, thought I acutally think we ended up with cracked heads when we swapped them out. Oiling or overheating (valve seats, etc) do kill a lot of engines.
                      Are you able to upgrade the pan? What kind of oil did you run in your 350's? I haven't had any frothing issues in my 305, but I'm running a circle track pan and VR1 20-50.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Are you able to upgrade the pan? What kind of oil did you run in your 350's? I haven't had any frothing issues in my 305, but I'm running a circle track pan and VR1 20-50.
                        You can within budget. We were able to buy a used one, and generally you can work it in somehow.

We've never run a 350. One of the teams I know put a baffled pan, run an antifoam in their oil, and have a rev limiter set at 5k. That setup has lasted a couple races.

My statement isnt meant to say that one COULDNT work, but moreso to say that IN FACTORY STOCK FROM, there are many engines that have a good chance of blowing up.

Comment

You can within budget. We were able to buy a used one, and generally you can work it in somehow.

We've never run a 350. One of the teams I know put a baffled pan, run an antifoam in their oil, and have a rev limiter set at 5k. That setup has lasted a couple races.

My statement isnt meant to say that one COULDNT work, but moreso to say that IN FACTORY STOCK FROM, there are many engines that have a good chance of blowing up.
                          How many teams do you think actually stay within the budget?

^^Serious question

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            Today was an extremely productive day. The sad part is that it wasn't by design.
                            My apartment complex decided to leave a note on the black car stating that it would be towed if the flat tire wasn't fixed. Turns out we have a new maintenance supervisor and he said people were complaining about how Festy our complex had become. Something about five festivas or some $#!t...
                            Anyways, tonight turned into a thrash session just in case they decided to make good on the threat.
                            Oh... And a complete engine/trans removal.
                            Damn Don, you sure you don't have some messican in you?
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

about 50%, but even still it is no secret if you are seriously trying to win show up with an e30 or a miata.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                Damn Don, you sure you don't have some messican in you?
                                I don't recall him saying any of the parts were stolen.

Comment

Working...
                                X