What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    That clip on the oil pump shaft is pretty important, heh.

I won't tell you how many cars I've had that happen to, that I ended up driving for years without retrieving the shaft out of the pan. But then again none of those were very nice, lol.
    Well the clip was there. It was pushed down the neck to the shoulder. Testing the fit of the shaft into the engine postion module; it is pretty close tolerence. I may have pulled up to quick and hard on the EPM pulling the shaft up in the process.

Today I got the car up as high as I could with a 4"x4" on the hackhead, pulled the rack away, drained the oil back into the containers it came in, dropped the oil pan, and fished out the rod..........in an hour and 15 minutes.

After trying to get the distance for the clip right on the rod I figured the oil pump HAS to come out to get it right. Now I can't find the damn gaskets at any of the local stores.

With new gaskets it should be back together in a hour or so.
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 02-23-2012, 04:22 PM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Where did you get your tubular bumper? Or did you make it yourself?

[/QUOTE]
      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
        Where did you get your tubular bumper? Or did you make it yourself?
        [/QUOTE]

I got it from some named Scott off of the turbomustangs.com forum back in 2008

edit: oh and it is chromoly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by KBScobravert; 02-24-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Ugh, what a mess

Last edited by KBScobravert; 02-26-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Sucks that you dropped the shaft man. But I'm sure that you have come up with that conclusion many times over by now. Also keep on truckin' man, it'll be done and worth it soon I hope.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
            There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
              Sucks that you dropped the shaft man. But I'm sure that you have come up with that conclusion many times over by now. Also keep on truckin' man, it'll be done and worth it soon I hope.
              Yep, it sucked when I couldn't feel it turning the oil pump, it sucked when it slipped off the magnet, it sucked when I heard it hit the pan and it has continued to suck......BUT it is shown me a few other issues that I have dealt with in the mean time. I feel like this in there sometimes.

I took the morning off from the car to get my IRS anal secks over with.

Tomorrow it will go back together and be back in the ground in a few hours. Hopefully.

I got a tune from a member from another board but it is a little different than my combo. He said it should at least get me started. I am not expecting to drive it tomorrow much less back it down the drive way. I just want to hear it run on all 8 cyl and a little turbo whine.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Yep, it sucked when I couldn't feel it turning the oil pump, it sucked when it slipped off the magnet, it sucked when I heard it hit the pan and it has continued to suck......BUT it is shown me a few other issues that I have dealt with in the mean time. I feel like this in there sometimes.

I took the morning off from the car to get my IRS anal secks over with.

Tomorrow it will go back together and be back in the ground in a few hours. Hopefully.

I got a tune from a member from another board but it is a little different than my combo. He said it should at least get me started. I am not expecting to drive it tomorrow much less back it down the drive way. I just want to hear it run on all 8 cyl and a little turbo whine.

Word.

David

Comment

• Close, so damn close.

Yesterday we went through three laptops trying to get the car to connect to the software.....nothing. It took me going to bestbuy and buying a new cheapo kids laptop. Oh well it is well suited for garage duty now.

I got the motor all the way back together, we got fuel in it, tied up a bunch of little loose ends and NOW I can not get the starting circuit to turn the bitch over.

Last night on a whim I checked to see if she would even turn over; NOTHING. It turned over for me two times this morning after I jacked with the wirring before I loaded the ECU but when the ECU was loaded it won't turn over now. I think there is an issue with the clutch pedal switch.

I have the fan pulled so we could get it to TDC easier.

Big thanks to Scott, David, Chris and Charles for coming over and helping. I would have been lost on the computer connection by myself. As soon as I can get the starter situated it will run. Now to get it done in the next three hours before I have to go to work.

Comment

• FUCK, FUK, FUX SAKE.........loose ground at the connector leading from the fuse box. We have starter now.

Still doesn't fire though. lol

Comment

• I found the ground which was giving me fits with the starter = simple fix.
                      While testing coils I discovered my coil ground to ECU was not going to work and that it infact needed to be chasis grounded = easy fix
                      Found out that while attempting to get it to even turn over it put fuel into the cylinders (thought the injectors were off), when I plugged the new coil ground in, it fired all 4 coils on the pass side at once, igniting the fuel in the cyl, headers, DP. Talk about a shotgun going off by my face. A mistake we won't make again.
                      Needs to have the timing set with a better timing light. I need one designed for the LSI/LQ9 style coils.
                      MAP is not hooked up = easy fix tomorrow.
                      Oil PSI sending unit not working. It gets plenty of pressure just not returning a signal. tomorrow
                      IAC valve mount should be here in a day or so. With that I can locate the IAC and finish wirring and plumbing it. The motor should idle much better then.
                      Need to set TPS
                      Need a return spring on the throttle. It is way to light.
                      Need to put more coolant and might even hook the heater up tomorrow.
                      Needs some form of exhaust.

The heaer wrap and silver blankets are performing beyond expected. The header was reading 350* but an inch away the silver blanket read 150*. Turbo blanket reads in the mid 200*s (with no rpms) and the band clamp right next to it was in the mid 300's.

No leaks, oil or fuel.

I can't say enough of the help I got recently. The computer issues were beyond me. But I am learning the software and getting better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by KBScobravert; 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Excellent.

What tune did you use to start it?

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                          Excellent.

What tune did you use to start it?

David
                          I used a tune Donovan sent me but had to work it some. I played with the software this morning and started to get the hang of making changes.

It still needs A LOT of work though. His tune is for 80# injectors and I am running 160's so we really can't run the car long. 1.5 times the fuel is not a good thing. I need to call Trickflow to get the specs on these 120's so I can set the offset and dwell periods.

Comment

• I'm sure glad it's going. I wish I could have heard it. Keep us updated.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• fucking beast to the extreme.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• That car is going to have no idea what traction is unless you put some steamroller tires on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X