What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    chop chop chop, that thing sounds insane!

what are the cam specs? i'm sure it is partly due to the tune being off, but my 230/230 .612/.604 doesn't chop nearly that hard.
    I think the tune being off and the open dp play s big role here BUT the can is just shy of .600 on both sides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Soon, soon. Still a few bugs to work out and the tune is off.

You'll get them taken care of. Heck, the first time you drive it all your fun will be over!
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I think the tune being off and the open dp play s big role here BUT the can is just shy of .600 on both sides.

I'm always open downpipe!

You gonna get a base tune then tweak it yourself from there?

Comment

I'm always open downpipe!

You gonna get a base tune then tweak it yourself from there?
          The AEM software is pretty in-depth and not that easy to work with.....I am finding out. I sent the datalog of about 10 minutes to Kurgan for him to tweak it again and send back. I think from there I am going to get with some folks here and strap it down to a dyno and try to tune it some more followed by some road time.

As loud as the car is though I really need to get some exhuast under it before a road test. I am not sure my neighbors will forgive more than a trip or two around the block.

I am still trying to figure out the software, playing with a little at a time helps. Hell it took me at least 15 minutes to find how to change base timing. I could see it posted in numerous places but could not find a place to change it. Once I did a simple "-" or "+" moves the timing up/down respectively a hair per click. The software allows for a person who knows what they are doing to put a program together that will give the car stock mannerisms.

Comment

• Ya, if I were you I'd try to learn as much as you can even if you pay someone to tune it initially. My cars tune is a constant work in progress and has gotten pretty damn good. Car fires right up, idles beautifully, can drive off with zero warm-up, afr's are within a few % across the entire range, etc. Only issues I still am working on is a slight transient fueling issue (from a roll the car goes slightly lean when I drop the hammer for a split second, this could also be latency from the wideband though), and occasionally it likes to surge after I flash a new tune (I assume this is because the running air flow table is not perfect and it is relying on learned idle trims that get reset when you flash it). Other then that it drives like bone stock. I try to log it every chance I get and I make minor adjustments based on trends I see. I've never had it on a dyno, all street/track tuning.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            The AEM software is pretty in-depth and not that easy to work with.....I am finding out. I sent the datalog of about 10 minutes to Kurgan for him to tweak it again and send back. I think from there I am going to get with some folks here and strap it down to a dyno and try to tune it some more followed by some road time.

As loud as the car is though I really need to get some exhuast under it before a road test. I am not sure my neighbors will forgive more than a trip or two around the block.

I am still trying to figure out the software, playing with a little at a time helps. Hell it took me at least 15 minutes to find how to change base timing. I could see it posted in numerous places but could not find a place to change it. Once I did a simple "-" or "+" moves the timing up/down respectively a hair per click. The software allows for a person who knows what they are doing to put a program together that will give the car stock mannerisms.

Comment

• I got wood!

Wish I could have been there man. Sounds sweet az hell.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                I got wood!

David
                Thanks David...sorry we couldn't get there last night.. It was not for a lack of trying though. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                  I got wood!

David
                  I hate to say this too BUT I am pulling the dash, again. I am just not happy with those connectors in there and I need to rethink my grounds for the coils, EPM, ECU, MAP, etc. Plus I need to rewire the 12v for the injector driver.

Good thing I have plenty of extra wire/plugs/terminals.

If someone wanted to help, I could use a hand Saturday morning for just a few minutes to help me heft the dash out. I can do it alone but I just hate doing it with one person.

Comment

I hate to say this too BUT I am pulling the dash, again. I am just not happy with those connectors in there and I need to rethink my grounds for the coils, EPM, ECU, MAP, etc. Plus I need to rewire the 12v for the injector driver.

If someone wanted to help, I could use a hand Saturday morning for just a few minutes to help me heft the dash out. I can do it alone but I just hate doing it with one person.
                    I would come help but I'm leaving for Turkey TX at 4am on Saturday.
                    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I'm sure I could lend a hand if no one else can. I live over by David so I'm not too far.

Comment

It was running very rich 10.0:1 for the time it was running then it went super lean (17.0:1) and died. Now it will not restart.
                        So if you can't laugh at yourself, right?

Mystery is solved and it only took a second to figure this one out. I found out just how far 5 gallons of E85 goes with 120# injectors. Not even out of the garage.

I thought about the going lean etc for 8 hours while I was at work. Came home and put the key in, turned to run, inspect fuel level gauge and wouldn't you know it. Empty!

So tomorrow it is getting another 15 gallons or till full at least.

Second: Reason for the 10.0:1 a/f, the computer was not getting the 0-5v return reference voltage. I had the wire in the pin for the #2 O2 who would have thought that O2 number one was pin 44 and O2 number two was pin 43. Seems like it should be the other way around. Simple fix though.

So add fuel, move a wire, and back in the saddle again. Still pulling the dash to fix some other grounds stuff though. It is a now or never thing.

Comment

So if you can't laugh at yourself, right?

Mystery is solved and it only took a second to figure this one out. I found out just how far 5 gallons of E85 goes with 120# injectors. Not even out of the garage.

I thought about the going lean etc for 8 hours while I was at work. Came home and put the key in, turned to run, inspect fuel level gauge and wouldn't you know it. Empty!

So tomorrow it is getting another 15 gallons or till full at least.

Second: Reason for the 10.0:1 a/f, the computer was not getting the 0-5v return reference voltage. I had the wire in the pin for the #2 O2 who would have thought that O2 number one was pin 44 and O2 number two was pin 43. Seems like it should be the other way around. Simple fix though.

So add fuel, move a wire, and back in the saddle again. Still pulling the dash to fix some other grounds stuff though. It is a now or never thing.
                          i vote never...drive that mofo! please tell me mine wont be back on the street before the maiden voyage.

Comment

i vote never...drive that mofo! please tell me mine wont be back on the street before the maiden voyage.
                            I made a promise to my wife to give the car a rest tomorrow so back at it on Friday. The bad thing is I don't get another day off until next Wed.

Comment

• amazing work
                              -Blaine

Comment

• If you can't get anyone, I can come give you a quick hand Saturday morning, Keith.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X