No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude your work is truly amazing!!! Where do you live, I would love to stop by and check this thing out!!! Might give me some ideas for my car.. haha Keep up the good work. This will be by far the best and cleanest sn95 on the planet!! Once its done hit me up, i have a buddy that could maybe get you in a magazine or two!!

Comment

I love seeing these kind of projects. Great work so far.

Those fittings seem to be very close to the sway bar, dont they make a 90* that can screw into that spot instead of the straight fittings?

EDIT: I realize this is the wrong size but something like this?
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
        Dude your work is truly amazing!!! Where do you live, I would love to stop by and check this thing out!!! Might give me some ideas for my car.. haha Keep up the good work. This will be by far the best and cleanest sn95 on the planet!! Once its done hit me up, i have a buddy that could maybe get you in a magazine or two!!
        I am in Haslet off of 287.

My plan is to get back on it first thing in the morning and see how far I can get.

I don't see it running before December.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          I love seeing these kind of projects. Great work so far.

Those fittings seem to be very close to the sway bar, dont they make a 90* that can screw into that spot instead of the straight fittings?

EDIT: I realize this is the wrong size but something like this?
          http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-9906-127/
          Here is what I am going to end up with if I don't geel safe spacing the tank down.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I am in Haslet off of 287.

My plan is to get back on it first thing in the morning and see how far I can get.

I don't see it running before December.
            Kool I will have to get with you soon and stop by and check it out.

Comment

how do you like that steeda clutch cable adjuster on your firewall? i haven't decided on which one to get

i bought this kit at lrs but the adjuster is cheap junk

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                i squeezed in tailpipes on my car with 275/50/15 mickey thompsons, and i had to "clearance" the tailpipes some.

BTW, nice looking rear suspension setup ! Whole build looks top notch.
                Hmm. I run 305/35/18"s and I still have two inches of clearence.

I ran 315/35/18's and was able to keep the quad shock lol
                2012 GT500

Comment

Bad ass job! Im loving that fuel tank, might have to look into that for the cobra.
                  "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                  http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                  Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                  Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                  http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                  www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Here is what I am going to end up with if I don't geel safe spacing the tank down.

That sure is a lot more room with this tank, so yeah, more sewer pipe room for sure.

I'm guessing the 90 you have here should work just fine.
                    Wish I could come by this morning but we've got people coming by today and have to prepare for that.

David

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      how do you like that steeda clutch cable adjuster on your firewall? i haven't decided on which one to get

i bought this kit at lrs but the adjuster is cheap junk
                      Maximum Motorsports. /thread

Comment

Amazing work

Comment

I picked up the cold side and a few other items from Turbostang (Brooks) and got some work done today. None of this is on for good so yes there are missing intake bolts, header bolts are not tight and the 60 pound injectors are still in there to name a few.

Here is where we are at.

Comment

A few more just random pics of stufffff

DP dropped right in. I am not sure why everyone bitches about these 3.5" DPs and fitting them with the headers and turbo still in. Angle the back in with a small twist and bring it right down to the header = piece of cake and nothing had to be wedged, bent, hammered or tweaked.

a test before the turbo. I pulled it a few times to make sure it was not a fluke. Nope, it drops right in everytime.

A little tight for the coil wires. Gonna have to re think that one. It was to be expected though and this is a dry run to find these little problems.

Good space between the valve covers and the strut tower though. Hell I could even go a little bigger on the DP but would have to relocate the coils all together (hmm that is an idea).

Comment

Some intake shots. Still need to:
                              complete throttle cable and bracket/linkage
                              mount and plumb IAC
                              run vac to vac block
                              swap to 120# injectors
                              plumb BOV

Check out those welds....

Has to fit under a factory hood. It was touch a close call the IAT

Comment

Just like I like my women.....a little thick in the rear

The tank is a little loose on the left that is why it is sitting a little crooked.

here is a picture taken a little higher to account for the tire stands. You can barely see the tank

Comment

Working...
                                X