No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the header Brooks inserted a v-band for me. The original set up put the W/G directly against the ABS delete and the frame. This lets me clock it and get it just right. Time to think an exhaust pipe from the w/g to the dp through the k-member.

I think this the best arrangement
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

RE: Coil packs -
      I've always hated them sitting atop valve covers. Just looks like a last minute decision by some GM engineer who was tired and wanted to go home. If you could place them somewhere "hidden", that would be choice.

Damn man, you have been twisting some wrenches on that bitch. Wish I could have stopped by and lended a hand.

Brooks, those welds are tits. Very nice man!

Looking good Keith.

Hey, give me a call before you mount the sky taxi.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
        RE: Coil packs -
        I've always hated them sitting atop valve covers. Just looks like a last minute decision by some GM engineer who was tired and wanted to go home. If you could place them somewhere "hidden", that would be choice.

Damn man, you have been twisting some wrenches on that bitch. Wish I could have stopped by and lended a hand.

Brooks, those welds are tits. Very nice man!

Looking good Keith.

Hey, give me a call before you mount the sky taxi.

David
        DiAnn helped a bunch. Hell she even tackled putting the driver's header in and most of its bolts.

I actually like the coils but you are right it I could find a way to stash them somewhere I would.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          DiAnn helped a bunch. Hell she even tackled putting the driver's header in and most of its bolts.

I actually like the coils but you are right it I could find a way to stash them somewhere I would.
          Nice!

If you ever dump her, I'll take her (Mary could use a relief pitcher).

David

Comment

Dude. Spectacular work and car. Very nice.

Comment

I'm guessing that's a B&G kit, right? It looks VERY similar to mine. I didn't have much problem with the DP either. I've found a few shortcuts working on it that make it easier. I've been wanting to do the WG mod you did as well. Mine's set up for a 38mm and it clears the frame rail, but I'd like to move it down to the elbow on the crossover and put a 44mm flange on it. THEN route it to my DP. I hate the sound of the WG to atmosphere. I've got a muffler on mine now, which helps, but I still want to tie it back into the WG. Looking good man!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                I'm guessing that's a B&G kit, right? It looks VERY similar to mine. I didn't have much problem with the DP either. I've found a few shortcuts working on it that make it easier. I've been wanting to do the WG mod you did as well. Mine's set up for a 38mm and it clears the frame rail, but I'd like to move it down to the elbow on the crossover and put a 44mm flange on it. THEN route it to my DP. I hate the sound of the WG to atmosphere. I've got a muffler on mine now, which helps, but I still want to tie it back into the WG. Looking good man!
                It is a BG kit from early 2009. Having that extra v-band to adjust with makes a world of difference. On the same not the V-Band kits I got from RPS are nothing short of the best out there. I like the inner lip which aligns the two flanges.

I am eventually going to build a merge into the DP for mine also.

Comment

Looks great Keith. All of Brook's work I have seen on here is stellar. Your car should be killer when done. "Done" being a loose term. Can't wait to see it in person.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

XR-1 did a slick trick on his car for all of his coil packs. He mounted the eight across the back firewall. His car has a ton more sheet metal mod work in it, but its a cool idea!
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Heat control:
                      This pack is the two -8an fuel feeds, -8an fuel return, -12an breather hose and the EUGO harness.

otherside

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Looks great Keith. All of Brook's work I have seen on here is stellar. Your car should be killer when done. "Done" being a loose term. Can't wait to see it in person.
                        Thanks man, December will be a good three weeks of getting it up and running. I figure I need a good 4 days of 12 hours on it before I can start it up.

I really need to find a QUICK and GOOD powder coater that can coat the hot/cold side tubing for me with a fast turn around.

Comment

I am home for good now and can devote more time finishing the Cobra. I have had several really good days in the garage getting lots of the little things buttoned up. It seems that the wiring and the plumbing is the MOST tiresome work involved; getting the hoses the right length, having the right hose end, running all the lines and all the wires, striping-crimping-building connectors, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Hell there is probably 3 hours just in setting up the hobbs switch, relay, power/ground etc. for the vacuum pump. I even installed a light in the center gauge pod to come one when the pump is on.

I have all the vacuum lines ran for the W/G, B/V, boost guage, and brake booster. I am toying with sleeving the pre-made Earls teflon stainless with the same stuff I used on the wires. What do you think?

driverside fender well.

A new few of the bulkhead connectors. I think they came out great. One is for the EFI and the other is for the gauges and ECM inputs outside of the EFI harness.

You can see how everything is set in connectors to allow for the system to be tapped into for trouble shooting and serviceability.

Comment

Shit hot!

Comment

i love how you seem to take your time on each detail, looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                                i love how you seem to take your time on each detail, looks great.

Yes, you would be impressed if you were to see everything done.

Very nice Keith.
                                Coming along good man.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X