• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
    LOL
    I only wish I had your level of OCD.

David
    You really don't. It is mixed with a ton of ADD.
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 10-04-2014, 10:39 PM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      If they already have the threads started you could try a bottoming tap to get some more depth before contacting the core. I sucks you had to use push through mounts on the PS cooler. Those things tear up cores pretty bad over time.
      Hahaha. Went searching for a bottoming tap. Fastenal near by closed down. Strike 1. Elkins hardware doesn't carry. Strike 2. Grainger wants $60 plus shipping. Strike 3. Time for more weld bungs.

Comment

• Surely someone has a tap you can use. Id hit up as many fab places as you can.

Comment

• Keith, I have accounts with Fastenal and Granger. Send me what you were looking for and I'll see what we can get them for.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Hahaha. Went searching for a bottoming tap. Fastenal near by closed down. Strike 1. Elkins hardware doesn't carry. Strike 2. Grainger wants $60 plus shipping. Strike 3. Time for more weld bungs.
            McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

If you already have threads started you could also just cut down a standard tap.

Comment

• Find and Elliots hardware? There's one in Plano but that'd be a drive for you I'm sure.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• The holes are there and the first thread is there. But I am afraid to even start to spin the sensors in.

I am fine having a weld bung put in.

Comment

What size bottom tap do you need ?
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

• Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                    What size bottom tap do you need ?
                    3/8"npt.

Comment

• buy a bottom tap from amazon.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I'll see if I have, or can get one for you quickly at work tomorrow.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

You really don't. It is mixed with a ton of ADD.
                          fuuuuuuck if I don't know how that feels... you could say my ADD is mixed with a ton of OCD
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            fuuuuuuck if I don't know how that feels... you could say my ADD is mixed with a ton of OCD
                            on a serious note, I can function on a cup of coffee in the morning and getting into the garage to get going. I have to catch myself deviating courses though. Like I will be extending a set of wires and "oh, tools that need to be put up.....need to pick up this trash.....crimp those wire terminals before I forget....where did I put the tool?" If I have two cups of coffee, I am a basket case.

I have got a bunch of work done in the last couple days. Thanks to my mother-in-law for watching the kid while I toil in the garage. 95% of the wiring is all done. Moved on to the fuel system today. There is that ADD coming in.

Had to clean out the fuel rails. Took a 12ga bore brush and rod to get all the E85 crap out of there. Swapped out the TrickFlow 120's for the Holley 83lbs. Much nicer injector too.

Top of the 120s full of crap. This stuff looked like small crack rock.

In the rails before I cleaned them up

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              buy a bottom tap from amazon.
                              I looked but couldn't find shit. I have a regular 3/8npt tap but even at $30 I hate to cut it up, I think.

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              I'll see if I have, or can get one for you quickly at work tomorrow.
                              Let me know, otherwise I already have a few weld bungs coming and it ain't nothing for me to get them welded in.

Comment

• jesus h christ.

i dont care how great e85 is. Not worth all that.

Comment

Working...
                                X