No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the exhaust built all the way to the v-band flange before it transitions to aluminum. The flanges on the end have enough slack in the inside that I can tilt them to get the final angle straight.

Had too big of a gap here so had to put a patch in.

Welds getting more rthym.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
      Haha, man, it's just like anything else. Once you get some practice, you will get it down pretty easily.

Where are you located again?
      Near Saginaw and Haslet

Comment

• Making progress everyday. I got about 3 hours in the garage today.

The exhaust is all the way to the torque arm mount so far.

With the 2 mounts, this 4' run sits on a stud off the transmission and a bolt at the crossmember. The stud up front holds it tight to the downpipe flange and keeps it from twisting around. Makes putting the flange clamp on effortless.

Also put some more heat shield in.

Comment

• Come get this cam sensor from me and I can give you some welding tips too.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Come get this cam sensor from me and I can give you some welding tips too.
            Hahaha. I have a sensor already. And I think this might be the last bit of welding I need to do for a while. But I have been enjoying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              Hahaha. I have a sensor already. And I think this might be the last bit of welding I need to do for a while. But I have been enjoying it.
              Cool, what welder are you using?
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Cool, what welder are you using?
                Lincoln 140

Comment

Lincoln 140
                  Good deal, if that notch kills your exhaust flow, you may want to consider oval tubing or shape a round tube to the contour of the crossmember.

Comment

Good deal, if that notch kills your exhaust flow, you may want to consider oval tubing or shape a round tube to the contour of the crossmember.
                    I am going to take the outer radius of a 4" 90* and cut it into the sides at the notch. Sort of make my own oval bulge.

Comment

• Also, speaking from experience, get a good interlock flex section in there between the motor mounted exhaust and the chassis mounted side.

Comment

Also, speaking from experience, get a good interlock flex section in there between the motor mounted exhaust and the chassis mounted side.
                        I used rubber isolators. Still think a flex joint is needed?

Comment

I used rubber isolators. Still think a flex joint is needed?
                          In my experience with turbo apps, the added heat and loading of a whole exhaust off the turbo when all of the hangers may not be doing their job all of the time equates to cracking. If the car is drag or driven rarely I wouldn't worry about it as much. The road racing that I do pushes everything to the limit, problems expose their selves fairly quickly after a long session.

Comment

In my experience with turbo apps, the added heat and loading of a whole exhaust off the turbo when all of the hangers may not be doing their job all of the time equates to cracking. If the car is drag or driven rarely I wouldn't worry about it as much. The road racing that I do pushes everything to the limit, problems expose their selves fairly quickly after a long session.
                            Fair enough. Vibrant wants $104 for a 4" and I have room to put it.

Comment

Also, speaking from experience, get a good interlock flex section in there between the motor mounted exhaust and the chassis mounted side.
                              agreed

Comment

• Keith, where did you get that heat shielding from?

Comment

Working...
                                X