No announcement yet.

My SN95 "New Gen" Resto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was gonna bedliner spray (raptor liner) under the car but to many tight spaces to spray. It would also be a bitch later if any more chassis work needed to be done. Don't put plasti dip under a car ! That's not what it's for.
    One day at a time.

Comment

• what seam sealer did you use? that was the question before the trolls showed up
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• 3m seam sealer . Some Oriellys have it in the back. Or English color in Fort Worth. It's not cheap $30 for a caulk tube of it.
        One day at a time.

Comment

• thanks, thats what i was wondering, was it caulk, brush/roll on, or spray
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Caulk tube style, 3m seam sealer, my local Oreilly's carried 2 different 3m variations. I've got to replace some cracked/dried stuff on my ram to hopefully kill a water leak. And as stated above, it's pretty dang high for a tube of shit. Also got a can of 3m General Purpose Cleaner to clean with before application. It has a lot of other good cleaning uses too.

Comment

• Originally posted by onjacks View Post
              Not much more I can do till I get the rear end powdercoated, new k member, coilovers, master cylinder, fuel cell etc. I will prob paint the cage nex. Just have to get the rear window pulled first. I may do some tin work too in the rear. Money saving time
              I hear ya. I've gotta get Christmas out of the way and I'm back on it. You've inspired me to do the engine bay and the underneath side of my car instead of taking to my buddy and paying him to do it. I may ask some questions along the way if you don't mind. I went and bought some metal glaze and stuff so I could fix a few dents as well as smooth the quarter panels where they got un even from James rolling the fenders.
              '08 C6 Corvette
              '91 StormTrooper BBC Coupe
              Run what ya brung, hope ya brought enuff!!

Comment

• no prob. As long as the proper steps are done for painting it will turn out nice. It gives you stuff to do while saving lol.

If you cut corners and get lazy You will always see it in the end.
                One day at a time.

Comment

• Damn, this is a nice build

Comment

• Great build thread!

Have you seen the Ultra Sonic Blue from Lexus?

Comment

• Originally posted by onjacks View Post
                      no prob. As long as the proper steps are done for painting it will turn out nice. It gives you stuff to do while saving lol.

If you cut corners and get lazy You will always see it in the end.
                      Cool, I've gotta get me an air compressor but I could start hand sanding the small areas I need to fix right?

Originally posted by AnesthesiA View Post
                      Great build thread!

No, but I'm about to google it!! Lol
                      '08 C6 Corvette
                      '91 StormTrooper BBC Coupe
                      Run what ya brung, hope ya brought enuff!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AnesthesiA View Post
                        Great build thread!

Thanks. My last car was sonic blue
                        One day at a time.

Comment

• BAB for sure!
                          68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                          63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                          i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

• onjacks: Did you use that small touch up gun for clear as well ?
                            I am thinking of buying that small gun to paint my engine bay / 2 stage ..thoughts?

Comment

• Those small HF guns are not bad for the money. I have painted fenders, trunks, spoilers, helmets, etc.... qnd it never missed a beat. Just clean them really good.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thehead View Post
                                Those small HF guns are not bad for the money. I have painted fenders, trunks, spoilers, helmets, etc.... qnd it never missed a beat. Just clean them really good.
                                That's all I've ever used. Geat for the DIY crowd.

That mini gun was used for base coat & clear coat. Works great on my little 30 gallon compressor. If your gonna use it for a large area, don't get the fastest "reducer" when you buy paint. It doesn't put out a large fan and you need time to get a good wet coverage.
                                One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X