No announcement yet.

My SN95 "New Gen" Resto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I can tell people is clean,clean,clean before you paint. Rent,borrow a pressure washer. Spray inside the frame rails etc. Wax and grease remover and steel wool all the panels. 90% is prep.

I painted the front fender wells tonight and got the cage all finished in one coat.
    Decided to use black "hammertone" for the cage and inner floor. This stuff is durable as crap and easy to touch up for future chassis upgrades. I can safely say that this car should not ever rust.

Pics up shortly
    One day at a time.

Comment

• One day at a time.

Comment

• I will prob start bending up brake lines and working on the fuel cell mount next, while this paint all cures. Once I get a K member in the car, I can get my motor back in and begin building the turbo kit.

Also decided to slap on my new valve covers. Just so everyone knows where to take their motors in the future.

Nothing will really change on the drive train. I may add an inter cooler but that's it for now.

Transmission should be back from Mikes Trick Shift in a few weeks. I Had him re stall my converter and fresh n it up. Hopefully this C4 will get me though next summer. Lol

One day at a time.

Comment

• Also, I will be converting all the interior to black. Just ordered an airbag delete and drivers gauge holder so i can get the dash back in this weekend.

Stay Tuned!

One day at a time.

Comment

• Very nice!

<------jelly as fuck!

Comment

• Nice work
              2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
              2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

• We've been using that hammertone stuff on the cages of our cars for a while, I really like the durability of it, and if you need to touch it up, you just dab it on with a brush.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• this car is awesome man!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Is that the autometer panel?

My wife read the thread with me today ...she authorized me to do the same if I ever wreck mine. So thanks.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Looks really nice Scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Is that the autometer panel?

My wife read the thread with me today ...she authorized me to do the same if I ever wreck mine. So thanks.
                        I'm almost positive it's a Florida 5.0 cluster.

edit: never mind, you had the Florida 5.0 on your coupe
                        Last edited by jason07; 10-26-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Oh......and Scott......suck it!

Comment

• It's an auto meter cluster #10010 I think.
                            One day at a time.

Comment

• Got a little bit done.

Mocked up my rear package and seat delete . Ran up to Smileys and bought a sheet of aluminum ($70) to get that part done. The Seat Bottom will be made out of wood for strength and it will all be carpeted to match floor. Im thinking about putting all my electronics under it with some type of vent/fan setup.

After looking at my dash, I decided to be brave and cut/file my center trim to accept my ARC Panel. It looks OEM now. I doubt this car will ever have an a/c or heater anymore, so it just made sense. lol.

But a radio will be going back in.

Ordering my K member in the morning so the front end will be together next.

One day at a time.

Comment

• coming along, you don't waste any time

Comment

Working...
                                X