Will a 11 inch tire fit on a fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    I did all the free and cheap mods, and it runs damn good for 240rwhp. That's my guess. 230-240rwhp.

My car runs with the new edge in the 1/8th mile, after that it's slow.

I wonder what I could pull in the 1/4? Mid low 13?

I've seen stock engine foxes go 12.8
    i had a bone stock lt1 t/a that'd consistently do 9.0 in the 1/8th @ 79 (with some 8.9's randomly in there) all with a 2.0 60' and best it did stock in the 1/4 was 13.9 @ 99

Comment

I did all the free and cheap mods, and it runs damn good for 240rwhp. That's my guess. 230-240rwhp.

My car runs with the new edge in the 1/8th mile, after that it's slow.

I wonder what I could pull in the 1/4? Mid low 13?

I've seen stock engine foxes go 12.8
      With 4.10's or 4.30's, skinnies in front, weld wheels all the way around, no front sway bar, no AC, battery in the trunk, slicks, leaving off the rev limiter, belt pulled, timing advanced, speed density car without the small MAF meter restriction, back seat removed, no spare or jack, front tires at 45 psi, etc.... couple other things to get there. You have no cats so maybe it would be a little easier. Not in this Tx heat though.

Comment

Full drag suspension, tubular k member, 255/50/15 drag radials, cobra rear end clutches. Tubular a arms, rear seat delete and some other goodies should bring me into low 8s

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Full drag suspension, tubular k member, 255/50/15 drag radials, cobra rear end clutches. Tubular a arms, rear seat delete and some other goodies should bring me into low 8s
          Jesus christ! I had a 1980 malibu with a stock motor that would run low 8's with nothing but some drag radials! And by low 8's I mean 8.0's

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
            Jesus christ! I had a 1980 malibu with a stock motor that would run low 8's with nothing but some drag radials! And by low 8's I mean 8.0's
            Well shit, I should run 6 flats then!

Lol j/k..

Idk we will see how it goes.

Comment

Well shit, I should run 6 flats then!

Lol j/k..

Idk we will see how it goes.
              I hope my car will run low 8's too. Stockish 5.0 with tubular k member etc. I think you have more mods than me though.

Comment

Rear seat delete isn't worth the 10lbs saved. Tubular K-Memeber and A-Arms are def nice, but a dead giveaway. Might as well put aluminum heads and intake if you do that. How about some discrete mods?
                Would be cheaper to have Tom Moss port your U/L intake, do a little home porting on the exhaust side of your heads(remove thermactor bump), mill them 10 or 15, maybe a full radius valve job, install new springs with 1.7 RR's. Your heads could probably use a refresh anyway. Would be plenty sneaky and the cost would be minimal. Of course you could always do a set of Thumper E7's along with that T-Moss intake. I ran 12.7's in 97-99 with Power Ported E7's and a Cobra intake in a full weight ,plus 2 12" subs, 89 hatchback with that setup. Cold A/C, no underdrives, drag radials, and 3.73's.

Comment

Not trying to build a sleeper, just taking my time on making engine decisions.
                  Although a sleeper would be badass.

Comment

Throw an NX 264-14 camshaft in the mix, and a 125-150 dry shot. Hide the nitrous noid and have the spray bar installed in the lower intake. Look stock, sound almost stock, and run 11's.

Comment

Working...
                    X