Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    Seriously sounds fuel related.

My guess would be something to do with the BAP, but I don't know enough about them to tell you what to check.
    It's fuel related most likely. If the plugs are whiteish, then you're lean.

If the gap was too much, the spark would blow out. If that's happening, you won't get detonation. That happens when you're out of fuel. The 60# injectors sound too big for what you're running. What size Vortech is it? I'm running TR6's with my Vortech setup (SQ trim) and putting down a little over 500 RWHP on pump gas with the blower only. I have a different fuel setup though.

Did you check all the plugs? If only one or two look lean, then I'd check those injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
      I'm lost on this deal. The car made 450 on a tune that was not safe at all and I blew that motor up. My fault for telling them I wanted every hp squeezed out. Now this tune that I've had on the car for over a year yields just a smidge over 400 rwhp and suppose to way on the safe side. I swapped the plugs with tr6's last night and gapped them at 35. Its hit or miss. Sometimes the car feels real good and other times it detonating its ass off so I let out of it but it would still pull if I stayed in it. Last night on the way home it feel REAL good and I couldn't hear any detonation even though I heard it on the way up there that same day. I got a few good pulls in and then all of a sudden it would be making power and then cut out and hesitate and then start pulling again so I let out and didn't get in it again. Today o pulled the plugs to gap to 30 instead and they already appear white ish??? Is this normal or an indicator of an issue? I have 60 lb injectors and a boost a pump so I think its getting plenty of fuel but another issue I have is my fuel gauge. I thought it was unrelated and pu a new sensor on it but its doing the same thing. The fuel pressure, according to my gauge fluctuates from 40 to 60+ psi during cruising and decceration. I'm curious if my sub box in the trunk which is not mounted, may have damaged the boost a pump? Any thoughts on all this shit I just blabbed.
      First, I'm not sure I'd be running any non-extended tip plug on a forced induction car. You are begging for pre-ignition from glowing ground strap, or porcelain.

Most forced induction cars I've dealt with all 'needed' non-extended tip plugs. You'd be suprised how many of your tuning related problems disappear by doing this.

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      It's fuel related most likely. If the plugs are whiteish, then you're lean.

If the gap was too much, the spark would blow out. If that's happening, you won't get detonation. That happens when you're out of fuel. The 60# injectors sound too big for what you're running. What size Vortech is it? I'm running TR6's with my Vortech setup (SQ trim) and putting down a little over 500 RWHP on pump gas with the blower only. I have a different fuel setup though.

Did you check all the plugs? If only one or two look lean, then I'd check those injectors.
      White plugs do NOT automatically mean 'lean'. With todays 'clean burning fuel' there's relatively little or no deposits left on the porcelain part of the plug (unless it's shut off IMMEDIATELY after the pull is made). The extended part above the metal is usually where 'cruise speeds' happen and coincidentally where the leanest A/F's are desired and the reason it's always white. The deeper part of the plug, down where the porcelain meets the steel is where high speed deposits remain. The plug will cloud up with color after a WOT pass, but much driving at speed will burn off deposits quickly - which is the same reason that race cars tow back to the pits most of the time.

Comment

They all look the same and its a vs trim

Comment

Where is the timing mark at on the strap?

Comment

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean.

Comment

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean.

The mark will help you know if the timing is good. I still think you have a fuel issue though.

Comment

i always ran autolite 103's with no problems on my S-trim car.
                2011 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

I tried to call true street but they didn't answer so I'll have to try back later
                  we are closed on mondays. Tuesday - friday 9-6 and on saturday 10-6

Call us tomorrow to setup a tune. sounds like what you have now is crap.

Comment

That's pretty cool. The plugs are at home and I will look tonight

Comment

Will do. I also realized that my coil over plug harnesses are designed to click in and I guess a long time go they were all broke because they have always just slid on and off with ease. Noticed this today when #e was missing and popped the hood and it had slid off. Was curious why they didn't design them to snap in or something and found out they are suppose to

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X