Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

from scratch fox project, modern or 5.0 based?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
    Get your hands dirty by writing me a check and kick that '93 to the curb

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...stichrome.html
    very nice, holy cow

I noticed the wife connection too, ironic I'm on the 93 project due to something about a girl
    Last edited by 93blacksnake; 09-02-2011, 07:16 AM.
    Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes...

Comment

I just 25.5'd my white '85GT too, so if you wanna lay down 1,000hp legally at the track, I've got sumsin for ya there, too!

I was planning on a 430" SC1 headed Beck EFI sheetmetal intaked twin 88mm 2,000 HP monster on that four eye, but my wife's a no-money handling idiot. You'll have that on them big jobs, I suppose. So here I sit with a shitload of PAH in my shop and no place to go.

If nothing else, I could offer my experience with the mod motor Cobra and put you in touch with some pretty fucking badass SBF guys.

Comment

Amazing car...but i would be so close to reporting her if the credit card is in your name
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

support in the drivetrain won't be cheap, to avoid a bang. Honestly the 1k goal is a peak performance mark, seems like turbo is the only solution that makes sense, keeping it @ 10psi or less under normal load, and turning the knob for special occasions. I just want it all inside an unassuming 93 Cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by 93blacksnake View Post
            support in the drivetrain won't be cheap, to avoid a bang. Honestly the 1k goal is a peak performance mark, seems like turbo is the only solution that makes sense, keeping it @ 10psi or less under normal load, and turning the knob for special occasions. I just want it all inside an unassuming 93 Cobra.
            1,000hp on 10 PSI? Dude, quit dreaming, and build your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              He's saying 10psi normally, and 1,000hp when he turns the wick up.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                He's saying 10psi normally, and 1,000hp when he turns the wick up.
                I missed that part. If you build a 1,000hp capable motor, and keep it at 10psi, it'll likely last forever. I think you're pissin' into the wind though, and potentially spending a lot more than you need to.

Comment

a stock properly rebuilt th400 shebby trans will hold 1000hp

dont use a tremec lol
                  Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    No not @ 10psi, 1k at full balls out on race gas on a Friday night going for my best ET. Daily puttering, probably 500 give or take.

Comment

Originally posted by 93blacksnake View Post
                      No not @ 10psi, 1k at full balls out on race gas on a Friday night going for my best ET. Daily puttering, probably 500 give or take.
                      Do you have any idea how air works in an engine, or turbos?

This guy has to be a troll. There's no way someone can be serious about the stuff he's posted.

Comment

Yale understood, hell I may keep it out of boost all together for trips around town, depends how addictive the power gets.

In other news, I found a rough 93, maybe too rough though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                          turbo ls....
                          Gay. He can make more than enough power with any ford motor he chooses. No need to do all that brand mix and match gayness. Why don't he just drive a beetle with a jaguar motor in it lol

Like the other guy says, 1000 hp cars are only fun that 1% of the time you aren't having to work on 'em. He could easily get a 650Hp coyote or a 550 hp 5.0 and be plenty happy and still beat 99.9% of the cars on the road.

Comment

Working...
                          X