Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roush Stage 3 Mustangs (01-04). Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD 2004 Azure Blue Mach 1, 24,800 miles, second owner, Interior Upgrade Package Nitto 555 all around, 2 new on rear, fronts have over 75% tread left Always garaged Very clean, not perfect but very nice, couple scratches just from sitting in the garage. All stock except for the...

??

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      I NEVER drive it anymore because it's just too quick to cruise around in and have fun.
      Not sure I understand your point. Cruising around has to do with your right foot. Is your car not street friendly? My Vette makes a lot more power than that and I love to cruise it on the street. On the other hand my Mustang is closer to yours in power and I don't drive it much because the cage and drag suspension make it less practical and enjoyable just to drive around.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Its a nice car, I like Mach 1s. But I'd be spending several more thousand dollars to get it to the power level that this Roush 3 is at. If I buy the Roush Stage 3 it's "perfect" for me, I would leave it the way it is and drive it on the weekend.

I've looked at Mach 1s, Cobras, and now this Roush Stage 3 with light mods and have weighed all pros and cons of all 3. Decisions....decisions...

Comment

As long as you get what you really want, you can't go wrong in my opinion. Don't settle.

We bought our Mach brand new off the showroom floor and it's been the best car we have ever owned. It's never given us a single problem. We get compliments on it on a regular basis on the way it sounds and looks. They aren't setting the world on fire fast, but will suffice as a daily driver with a little spirited driving in there on occasion.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
            Not sure I understand your point. Cruising around has to do with your right foot. Is your car not street friendly? My Vette makes a lot more power than that and I love to cruise it on the street. On the other hand my Mustang is closer to yours in power and I don't drive it much because the cage and drag suspension make it less practical and enjoyable just to drive around.
            I don't have a cage, but everything else is setup for a track type car. The suspension, the super heavy clutch, etc. In the end, you can't really goose the car and get the RPM's up because there are too many cars on the street and not enough room. I'm not a guy who wants to race light to light only to have to let out halfway through 2nd gear because there's not enough road. I'm also not going to go down the tollway blocking others and racing from 55 to 120 just because that's where there is enough room. If you give it any reins at all, my car is pushing 90 in no time. It was much more fun to drive when it was only around 400 RWHP on its best day.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              As long as you get what you really want, you can't go wrong in my opinion. Don't settle.

We bought our Mach brand new off the showroom floor and it's been the best car we have ever owned. It's never given us a single problem. We get compliments on it on a regular basis on the way it sounds and looks. They aren't setting the world on fire fast, but will suffice as a daily driver with a little spirited driving in there on occasion.

Good luck in your search.
              Thanks for the kind words . You aren't lying, Mach 1s sound AMAZING, ran into one the other day at the grocery store with exhaust work and I fell in . 4Vs sound BA!

I'm def taking that "don't settle" approach. I was intially going to settle for a GT and build it, but I knew I wanted a 4V. But honestly, I don't feel like i'm "settling" with the Roush 3 if I get it. It's such a nice car IMO even if its a 2V.

I just want a nice weekend car with some get up and go that will turn heads.

Comment

Mach 1 ftw, at that price range you could get a really nice mach
                Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
                03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                  Coming from a guy with svo side exhaust and cobra r hood and knock off cobra r wheels. Saleens look pimp.
                  the gook rims will be gone, it's not an R hood, and the side pipes look decent on that year IMO. Plus, he has never messed with the body before. You gotta admit, the roushes and saleens have always looked ugly, really ugly.
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

You talking about the sonic blue roush on svtp? If so go for it. I wish it would be available around March or April. That's when iam be looking for a nice stang.

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

Mach1 or Cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        I have a 2V car with over 500RWHP, and that's before the nitrous. I NEVER drive it anymore because it's just too quick to cruise around in and have fun. I wish I had stopped at 400ish power and then would have a nice, quick street car. If you like the looks of the Roush, the fact that there aren't many of them, and you can swing the price of replacement parts like brakes, then go for it.
                        I guess I can see that. My car makes ~400 and Its more drive able than I want it to be. Especially with any mod motor tha needs 5-7k to make real power/tq. I can drive my car around like a family sedan with no issue and when it sees boost it gets fun. I want 550-600 out of my car.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                        X