No announcement yet.

Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thesource do you have any t5 "kits" available for sale? I'm going through a used t5 for our lemons car and it needs to have the syncro rings replaced. I don't really want to spend $300 for a master rebuild kit since I don't need the bearings or a lot of the small parts. I really just need the 1-2 & 3-4 syncro rings and the shifting folk pads. I'd take used stuff if it's in decent shape. The last one I went through has lasted 100+ hrs with some old used stuff that was still servicable. This is for a 4-cylinder t5. Any ideas on where I can get that stuff?

Comment

Manual transmission and gear in fort worth.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I got a T-5 from the Source with the A5 gearset. My HD WC T-5 tokk a dump just a couple months after rebuilding it. So far so good on the A5 gearset. I give it hell and my car weighs a lot more than yours. It is a little more noisey in 1st and 2nd gear.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          thesource do you have any t5 "kits" available for sale? I'm going through a used t5 for our lemons car and it needs to have the syncro rings replaced. I don't really want to spend $300 for a master rebuild kit since I don't need the bearings or a lot of the small parts. I really just need the 1-2 & 3-4 syncro rings and the shifting folk pads. I'd take used stuff if it's in decent shape. The last one I went through has lasted 100+ hrs with some old used stuff that was still servicable. This is for a 4-cylinder t5. Any ideas on where I can get that stuff?
          I've got everything you need seperately. The problem is the 1-2 syncro frictions are now carbon fiber and sold as a pack of inner/friction/outer ring.

1-5 Syncros + fork pads = $209 shipped

I can get it out for you tomorrow morning if you need the stuff. PM me to order.

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
          I got a T-5 from the Source with the A5 gearset. My HD WC T-5 tokk a dump just a couple months after rebuilding it. So far so good on the A5 gearset. I give it hell and my car weighs a lot more than yours. It is a little more noisey in 1st and 2nd gear.
          Good to hear. I guess that 1-2 fork clearanced itself finally???

Comment

Working...
          X