• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
    No grinding.

The thing just wont go in gear at all.
    Shift fork?

I'm not sure how the 3650 is because of the multiple shift rails but it sounds like a fork to me.

They are $15 for a t5 and can be swapped in 15 minutes. Lol ask me how I know!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
      No grinding.

The thing just wont go in gear at all.
      There is grinding...sometime it's not there.
      Whiteboy, Ill take you up on that once I get my next paycheck...I just spent my transmission cash on some fr500s lol.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Grinding means it's still spinning. No gear damage.

Grinding sometimes is more then likely broken shift fork tabs or bent shift rails, caused from hammering it after the syncro bites the dust.

Easy fix and cheap if you do it yourself.

Comment

Still spinning for sure since I use the gear still quite often, but it is sketchy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
            Still spinning for sure since I use the gear still quite often, but it is sketchy.
            If you can still use it without a bunch of nasty sounds the gear is fine.

Comment

bent shift rod or bent/broken fork... might have FUBARd the synchro ring too.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                bent shift rod or bent/broken fork... might have FUBARd the synchro ring too.
                Yea, thats for sure. I must be at the right rpm to shift it into gear without it grinding, but even then once I release the clutch, it feels like the gear is skipping/slipping.
                at least I wasn't the one who caused it to mess up. The previous owner had the syncro replaced and a few thousand miles later it started doing this.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                  $600 for reman Ford units is dirt cheap unless they fell off the back of someone's delivery truck.
                  Legit. I think there's around 25 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                    Legit. I think there's around 25 of them.
                    people are wanting 1200-1500 for those (that's why I was looking for a used one), so I'm gonna have to stop by and pick one up before they are gone.

sigpic

Comment

people are wanting 1200-1500 for those (that's why I was looking for a used one), so I'm gonna have to stop by and pick one up before they are gone.
                      for a 3650?

Comment

Yea, thats for sure. I must be at the right rpm to shift it into gear without it grinding, but even then once I release the clutch, it feels like the gear is skipping/slipping.
                        at least I wasn't the one who caused it to mess up. The previous owner had the syncro replaced and a few thousand miles later it started doing this.
                        IF IF IF he really had the synchro replaced, then I am betting the blocker ring teeth are gnarled up and the shift rod and/or fork is bent.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I just called down there $800. Come in tranny plastic crates

Comment

Yes, a 3650. I just lol'd at the ads for them. Used ones usually are 200-500 bucks.

He told me that, IDK why he would say that because he wasn't trying to hide anything...it had the issue when I bought it. At any rate, I'm just gonna pick one up from WB, that's gonna serve me best. Plus I might be able to do a rebuild on this one and then sell it later.

^$800...ouch. I know somebody with a used one for $400, but it doesn't have the tall 5th gear.

sigpic

Comment

Ok sorry when out of town. I'm back Let me know who needs a Ford rebuilt 3650 $800 cash!

I also can get T-56 cores $750 They'll need rebuilt!

Comment

Working...
                              X