Stroker sbf's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroker sbf's?

Might part out my dad's car to be able to afford to buy it in a year or so, thinkin bout just making it all motor again since the blower(s) have been nothing but a big pita, and its a heavy "slow" car anyway.

How much pwr can a built bad ass ford make? 600 wheel? 650? 700?+

I'm thinking 450 inch with the best damn heads I can find (Gliddens or similar), super vic carb intake with spyder, 2 inch headers, a fairly aggressive cam and 93 octane. Could do solid if required to make any hp.

Asking for real advice, not put a pos ls1 or Coyote in it... Neither are going to make 600+ na. A ls7 could, but it's gonna be the same price as the ford, AND they are blowing up daily... Windsor's no boom.

Why spend all that money for a na motor. Turbo a good block and be done.

Comment

Call fordstrokers.com up and have a custom cam cut for it. My .02
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        Why spend all that money for a na motor. Turbo a good block and be done.
        I already have a TT Mustang, I'm wanting a nasty ass NA cruiser, not a fast ass turbo race car. It's a heavy convertible with road race suspension, not a drag car.

Comment

High reving 408 with good breathing heads should get you pretty close.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

No one does this because it's too much money to build something that big that will rev that high just to make 6-700.

Find your basic 1500hp turbo SBF, then take off the turbo, change the cam and add a couple points of compression. Bingo, you got yourself a 700hp na SBF complete with exotic parts and bad street manners. Sounds fun.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Like Danny said. My dad has a na Chevy 400 that does 600.

It's a drive around town car,but to call it a street car is a joke. If it was fuel injected it would be better. We still run it on 110 since we only have access to 91 pump and no e85 access.

Comment

600+ hp NA..... on 93 octane

438-454 cubic inch big bore 9.5 deck block (keep compression under 11.0-1)
                TEA 245 TFS High Ports
                Jesel shaft mount rockers
                3/8 push rods
                Fully ported Super Victor or CHI intake
                Custom solid roller camshaft (could probably run a hydraulic roller with good lifters)
                2" long tube headers
                Canton Pro Pan

With the right sized fuel system and correct cam, you will make 600-650 with no problem.

Comment

What about a well built Cleveland headed Windsor build?
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Being its a heavy convertible and its a cruiser, I would look at something that is going to make alot of low end torque.....get the car moving. Honestly, something like a whipple charger would be your best option.

Comment

I had an old fox with a KB on it...very mild setup, but it was a fun torquey motor. It ran 12.2's which by today's standard is a turd, but it was a fun dependable little car. You could probably build a very mild 408 that would give you the same result but worse gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Thumper View Post
                        Being its a heavy convertible and its a cruiser, I would look at something that is going to make alot of low end torque.....get the car moving. Honestly, something like a whipple charger would be your best option.
                        Agreed, which is why I want a large CID motor. My 408/410s of past had PLENTY torque, and they only were in the 400 range. I figure 50 percent more power and torque would be good to go.

I do not want to do boost, it has a ysi now which is a lagy sob and no fun at all unless you drive around over 80 mph all the time.

If I can some how afford to keep the current setup, Ill just have a custom Bryant 3.45+ inch crank made for the 8.2" and a more torquey cam designed for it. The way it sits, its a mid 10 second car, but it drives like an old turbo Carrera of the 70s. Its balls to wall or Civic duty, with little in between.

Thesource has the right idea of what I was thinking about. Prob try to find a used large cid nitrous motor and change up parts if needed. Building from scratch would cost 2-3x what the roller will. Heh

Comment

2jz all the way. Over night the parts from japan. You have Racewars to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                            600+ hp NA..... on 93 octane

438-454 cubic inch big bore 9.5 deck block (keep compression under 11.0-1)
                            TEA 245 TFS High Ports
                            Jesel shaft mount rockers
                            3/8 push rods
                            Fully ported Super Victor or CHI intake
                            Custom solid roller camshaft (could probably run a hydraulic roller with good lifters)
                            2" long tube headers
                            Canton Pro Pan

With the right sized fuel system and correct cam, you will make 600-650 with no problem.

This, except go afr 225 with a little work to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                              This, except go afr 225 with a little work to them.
                              Clint's heads are pretty nice from what I remember. What's his car make na?

Comment

Working...
                              X