Stroker sbf's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
    Clint's heads are pretty nice from what I remember. What's his car make na?
    It lives on the bottle, but makes 500 to the tires with 9 degrees timing on the bottle tune up. His heads are pretty nice but old. There are much better heads available today.

Comment

Use a Cleveland style head, or something like a Yates head. Using a Windsor style head will leave a lot on the table for a max effort deal
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
        Use a Cleveland style head, or something like a Yates head. Using a Windsor style head will leave a lot on the table for a max effort deal
        Any specific recommendations? Does that require a custom valvetrain or manifold?

Comment

Just curious why you don't want to go with a BBF? There is a guy around here that bores and strokes 460's and makes over 600 whp pretty easily from what I understand. It's gotta be shoe horned in the engine bay but pretty cool. Maybe it's weight, I don't know. I was just curious why you want to stay with a SBF?
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
            Just curious why you don't want to go with a BBF? There is a guy around here that bores and strokes 460's and makes over 600 whp pretty easily from what I understand. It's gotta be shoe horned in the engine bay but pretty cool. Maybe it's weight, I don't know. I was just curious why you want to stay with a SBF?
            Car is already fairly heavy, don't need another 100+ lbs on the front. Its a GR40 and handles great for the weight of the car. Throwing another 100 lbs up front will probably make it plow.

Plus I don't like BBFs. I don't like lsx swap foxes, I don't like mod motors all that much, so that leaves a sbf.

The car doesn't need 600+ rw, just seems doable with the correct setup

Comment

Car is already fairly heavy, don't need another 100+ lbs on the front. Its a GR40 and handles great for the weight of the car. Throwing another 100 lbs up front will probably make it plow.

Plus I don't like BBFs. I don't like lsx swap foxes, I don't like mod motors all that much, so that leaves a sbf.

Sure thing man. And I figured that the weight was probably the main issue. I could have sworn that you had a 03-04 cobra, no likey??
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Sure thing man. And I figured that the weight was probably the main issue. I could have sworn that you had a 03-04 cobra, no likey??
                Hated the blower and laziness up top. I sold it in 2009 and bought a fairly fast c6, which I sold Monday.

This vert in question was my very first car, learned to drive in it at 14, and bought brand new almost 22 years ago off the lot. It's got a blown 351 stroker in it now, which has more value parted out than I'd want to pay for it. If my dad caves on the asking price, then I will just make do and change the crank and cam to increase torque.

I just thought a NA setup would be more fun, espicially if I could take it to MSR for some laps. A non-intercooled blower wouldn't work well on a road course.

Comment

A 600inch kasse headed BBF with some fuel injection would be pretty awesome.

But then again that would be retarded expensive and heavy. 800rwhp on 93 would seem about right. Then you could spray some smurf juice until you were satisfied. Lol

Another thing, what about a NASCAR style engine? Dog for low end torque, but throw some 4.56s in it and some nitrous and I'm sure it'll scoot and it would scream hellacious 8000+rpm.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Hated the blower and laziness up top. I sold it in 2009 and bought a fairly fast c6, which I sold Monday.

This vert in question was my very first car, learned to drive in it at 14, and bought brand new almost 22 years ago off the lot. It's got a blown 351 stroker in it now, which has more value parted out than I'd want to pay for it. If my dad caves on the asking price, then I will just make do and change the crank and cam to increase torque.

I just thought a NA setup would be more fun, espicially if I could take it to MSR for some laps. A non-intercooled blower wouldn't work well on a road course.
                    From everything that ive gathered anything FI will suffer heat issues on a road course, n/a is the best way to go hands down.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Was that the 86 that you had back in the day with the YSI on it? I'm assuming so, due to you mentioning the YSI earlier. I remember that thing from the wed night sonic meets in Garland. That thing was pretty nasty with the YSI, I remember seeing you race David from the tint place on his R1. Your car was stout! I always wondered what happened to that car.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Was that the 86 that you had back in the day with the YSI on it? I'm assuming so, due to you mentioning the YSI earlier. I remember that thing from the wed night sonic meets in Garland. That thing was pretty nasty with the YSI, I remember seeing you race David from the tint place on his R1. Your car was stout! I always wondered what happened to that car.
                        That's me, and a different car. That's a 86GT hatchback, since you saw it, Brooks built a twin 72 mil turbo kit for it, it has a 10 point cage and chute with real subframe kit, and a billet 374 big bore with solid roller. I'm hoping it'll make 850 on 10 psi when I put the motor back in it.

This car in question is a 90GT convertible that was my mom's, then mine, then my mom's, the dad's. Its a GR40 Griggs car with an aluminum dart 351 big bore stroker and a ysi. Its not tuned yet, so I'm sure it'll be better running properly, I just don't like the heavy car with small motor in it. My dad bitched out building a 427 for it because he didn't want a cowl hood...

Comment

That's me, and a different car. That's a 86GT hatchback, since you saw it, Brooks built a twin 72 mil turbo kit for it, it has a 10 point cage and chute with real subframe kit, and a billet 374 big bore with solid roller. I'm hoping it'll make 850 on 10 psi when I put the motor back in it.

This car in question is a 90GT convertible that was my mom's, then mine, then my mom's, the dad's. Its a GR40 Griggs car with an aluminum dart 351 big bore stroker and a ysi. Its not tuned yet, so I'm sure it'll be better running properly, I just don't like the heavy car with small motor in it. My dad bitched out building a 427 for it because he didn't want a cowl hood...
                          Well I seem to remember the 86 of yours having a hole cut in the hood to clear the supercharger piping in one spot.... maybe avoiding a cowl hood??

That car was so sick man, and it sound like it's going to be even better. I remember drooling over that car before I even had a mustang and was just hanging around in my old school BMW, lol. I kind of hate to hear that you hacked (although I'm sure it'll be clean as hell) up that clean 86. But to each their own. Just be sure to post pics, lol.

And lol at you calling a fox heavy. But I know what you mean with the convertible and all. I'm sure whatever you guys do will be nice. Keep us posted.
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

K-member spacer?
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Big bore 347ci Dart motor and a 76mm but I am biased. My car makes around 400 before the boost starts to come in and 650rwhp with LAZY, LAZY timing.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                                Big bore 347ci Dart motor and a 76mm but I am biased. My car makes around 400 before the boost starts to come in and 650rwhp with LAZY, LAZY timing.
                                I hate you... that is all.
                                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                                X