X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't me, I'm in Frisco and Plano unless I'm buying or selling car parts

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pencil View Post
      I had a 4.6 and it was total dog. Mods didn't help much either so I dumped it. Quickest way to semi-decent power seems to be with a supercharger on the 2 valve motor.
      Agreed. Just depends on what you are wanting to do. Track car, "Mexico" car or dyno car. Then go from there
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Did you get the car fixed? Update?
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

my 03GT has 110k runs good but. is also not as strong as she used to be.
          im just going to keep that engine as long as possible. then go with an MMR long block when the time coms.... just old age catching up with the 99-04 cars
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

So far in order things I has done to the car

1. Extremely heavy paint correction. The car was repainted two years ago and was covered in orange peel. The pictures above were after 2 days of wet sanding and buffing. Here is before and after shots

2. Had to replace the door lock actuator and lock assembly on the drivers side. The keyless and power locks stopped working. Pain in the butt getting the levers back in the lock actuator

3. Put another cd player in it. The door topper speakers are kind of crunchy though

4. New brake job with ebc red brake pads and new rotors, flushed the brake lines as well. So far I am extremely displeased with ebc red pads, they let off tremendous brake dust and squeal horrendously

5. Car ran warm in traffic so I flushed the radiator and noticed the reservoir was empty. Topped off the fluid and it all came out on the street after a long drive. Replaced the radiator cap and re flushed system and all is well

I haven't had a reason to replace the coil packs as of yet, 8 replacements are $200 on amazon so I will wait to develop a miss or hesitation

I have bbk long tubes and have not sourced another bbk off road pipe for a reasonable cost. Don't feel like gutting cats yet as I have 2 other vehicles without emissions so it's nice having something legal. Flushing the radiator ad toppig off the coolant helped performance. If I had to guess the cap had leaked a lot of excess coolant before and the car was running a little low however the system still wasn't properly pressurized. The dummy gauge on the dash probably wasn't reading correctly and the car was pulling timing because it was running warm

Surprisingly after topping off the coolant the car is running stronger. I will be driving the car up to Michigan next week to visit family. The LeBra came in last week for the road trip lol
            Last edited by 4king; 06-30-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

The more I drive the car the more I day dream about makIng it fast. A 03 cobra front clip with a t56 is about 7k on eBay, making it a heck of a lot cheaper than actually getting a cobra

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                The more I drive the car the more I day dream about makIng it fast. A 03 cobra front clip with a t56 is about 7k on eBay, making it a heck of a lot cheaper than actually getting a cobra
                Those mods won't make it any faster, and $7k would go a long way towards go-fast parts. You could slap a turbo kit or blower on it for that, and a Cobra front-end on a Bullitt would ruin the car imo.

Sounds like something is awry though, I'd definitaley do a compression/leakdown test on it, perhaps flush it with seafoam first, looks like you've got most everything else covered/replaced. Do this before adding anymore speed parts, or you're potentially just band-aiding a much bigger issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Those mods won't make it any faster, and $7k would go a long way towards go-fast parts. You could slap a turbo kit or blower on it for that, and a Cobra front-end on a Bullitt would ruin the car imo.

Sounds like something is awry though, I'd definitaley do a compression/leakdown test on it, perhaps flush it with seafoam first, looks like you've got most everything else covered/replaced. Do this before adding anymore speed parts, or you're potentially just band-aiding a much bigger issue.
                  Front clip meaning they cut the car in half and I would be purchasing the engine, trans, and engine/interior wiring. A t56 is a transmission btw

. I'm just happy to have the bullitt running smoothly with cold ac, it is very much a step uP from an fbody in terms of comfort daily
                  Last edited by 4king; 06-30-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                    Front clip meaning they cut the car in half and I would be purchasing the engine, trans, and engine/interior wiring. I would not be changing appearance. Hense why I would not care about the factory drivetrain with 178k

. I'm just happy to have the bullitt running smoothly with cold ac, it is very much a step uP from an fbody in terms of comfort daily
                    Ah, then that would definitely chirp the tires. I was wondering how in the hell a front fascia and trans could = 7 g's. I need more coffee.

In the meantime seafoam is cheap and easy, and with that many miles, you've probably got some carbon build-up. Don't forget that you'll need a new fuel pump(s) to support the new motor. Honestly, if your motor checks out, a blower/turbo would be much cheaper, and still get to keep the originality of the Bullitt intake. Though that doesn't address the high mileage.

Boost + engine rebuild would still probably be close in cost, if not still less, even going forged in the future. $3-4k now for boost and supporting mods (fuel and tune), and $3kish down the road for a new shortblock.

Comment

What are you using (compound, polish w/e) to clean up the paint?
                      Detailing by Dylan
                      817-494-3396
                      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                        Just stay away from Ford 1997-2004. Everything, IMO, was junk besides terminators, marauders and Mark Viii's
                        Right, because 96 was a banner year for mustang performance!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Right, because 96 was a banner year for mustang performance!
                          Damn straight!
                          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                            What are you using (compound, polish w/e) to clean up the paint?
                            I used 2000grit sand paper
                            Rotary buffer with Meg's brown foam pad
                            Meguiars diamond cut
                            Meguiars m105
                            Meguiars m205
                            Meguiars yellow 26 wax
                            Meguiars ultra synthetic wax

Everything I used can be found in the same 4 foot section at pep boys. Believe it or not meguiars professional products are the best bang for the buck out there. The synthetic wax I have found helps to cure the finish in the extremely hot Texas sun

The reasoning would rather go with a swap is that I don't trust engine builders. Selling a car with a "built" motor to me means it's on borrowed time where as a factory forged motor is expected to last 100k miles. Call me picky I guess

Comment

Working...
                            X