Tell me what I did Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    Easy test... Turn the car on, turn the AC on max. Go watch the fan and see if it kicks on. Report back after watching the fan for a few minutes.
    Fan kicks on when max ac is turned on..

Comment

Tried burping the system, checked the connections on the fan to make sure they were all the way plugged in, checked all the fuses under the hood to make sure they weren't blown. Fan does kick on when you turn it on max AC, verified it did come on when getting up to operating temp. However I noticed when it started to go over the normal mark the fan didn't kick on, with it in neutral with max AC on tap the gas pedal makes the AC blow hot. Anyone near Greenville want to come fix this for me? LOL Could it possibly be a bad new fan, or could I still have air in the system (I started to remove the cap but didn't from the fill tube and coolant wanted to come out, this is after sitting for 24 hrs)? It's a VDO fan assembly from O'rielly's

Comment

might be the CCRM now. its under the passenger side fender.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by my fear View Post
          might be the CCRM now. its under the passenger side fender.
          Is there a way to test this thing?

Thanks

Comment

no but what i did was buy one from orielly and if it didnt fix my problem i returned it lol

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

Yes there are ways to test it, but I dont have enough time or patience to explain to you how.

Comment

ether the fan is not working right or, like some have said air in the system? im thinking maybe the old fan bent some tubes? check ur radiator.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

So I ended up flushing and refilling the radiator and that seemed to do the trick.. Hasn't overheated yet (Knock on wood) and I've tried to get it to. A/C still acts a little quirky but its a lot better than what it was when it was overheating.

Appreciate everyone's suggestions and advice to help me get it back on the road.

Comment

Working...
                    X