72 buick Riviara 455, or LS swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 buick Riviara 455, or LS swap?

My 72 rivi has been sitting in my garage for near a decade. I overheated in Georgia while bringing it home from my grandpa's. I've tried to get rid of it a few times, but when it comes time to let it go I just can't. It seems every year rebuilding that 455 keeps getting more and more expensive. I've been told that an ls swap would be a cheaper and more drivable alternative. I've also been told it's not a hard swap. I just don't know about doing that to a 72 GS.
    I need to clear out some room first, but am planning on pulling the motor soon.

What do y'all recommend?
    LS swap and have fun.
    0%
    455ci, keep it stock.
    0%

The poll is expired.

ls
    Ded

Comment

Turbo 5.3

Comment

what is the average cost of a ls swap?
        here's my boat.

here's the one I keep seeing online that makes me want to keep mine.

Comment

This is a real GS?

Comment

I've never seen a GS go for 50k. hell in the past 4 years I haven't seen a rivi for sale for more than 5k. most running driving cars are listed for 2-4k.
            I'd love to find out it's worth that much though.

Comment

The '72s aren't worth very much. The '73-74s even less. The one to have is the '65 with hidden headlights, but even then the most expensive Rivs are priced very reasonably.

Life is short, cut that motherFer up. Run an LS1 or big Chevy. Sell the Buick stuff you already have to help finance a swap; just like you said it's rare and expensive. Even burned up it probably has good value.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

here's my ls engine set up, has around 2300 miles on it since march when we finished it. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

the car

Comment

Ls swap. Keep the old drivetrain on standby. Have fun with it. U can always go back to original.
                  ./ ____ _ _\.
                  (]]]_ o _[[[)
                  \o_FORD_o/
                  |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    The '72s aren't worth very much. The '73-74s even less. The one to have is the '65 with hidden headlights, but even then the most expensive Rivs are priced very reasonably.

Life is short, cut that motherFer up. Run an LS1 or big Chevy. Sell the Buick stuff you already have to help finance a swap; just like you said it's rare and expensive. Even burned up it probably has good value.

I agree in this case.

Comment

as for the LS engine, I love the drive-ability of my car compared to the engine that was in it before. I love everything about it, but I wish I was able to fit the 455 back under the hood. Seems like everyone is doing the ls swap so part of me now hates my engine. But the ls swap was so cheap, I really couldn't pass it up

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
                        Ls swap. Keep the old drivetrain on standby. Have fun with it. U can always go back to original.
                        that is what i would do

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                          as for the LS engine, I love the drive-ability of my car compared to the engine that was in it before. I love everything about it, but I wish I was able to fit the 455 back under the hood. Seems like everyone is doing the ls swap so part of me now hates my engine. But the ls swap was so cheap, I really couldn't pass it up
                          That car is so fucking dope! Props to you sir, I wouldn't change a thing.
                          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                            That car is so fucking dope! Props to you sir, I wouldn't change a thing.
                            youre a good man sir, thank you!

We are ripping out the system, and redoing the interior panels

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                              youre a good man sir, thank you!

We are ripping out the system, and redoing the interior panels
                              I'm glad you painted it white. Hides the jizz stains really well.

P.S. I apologize in advances about the jizz stains but, it's going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X