Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    his is a 24v, but it's still boss
    Yeah that car is sweet, I stumbled across it on YouTube a while back and then I saw it at NSD, I thought it was an awesome idea for a old boat car. It ran good too, I'm not sure what all was done to it, or what transmission he used ect.. But I believe it was mid-high 7s at 85+ mph. Not a lot of smoke either, which was cool. I can't stand the group of tards out there with diesel trucks that are going with the trend of blowing smoke on everything.. It just seems so white trash to me.

If the truck runs like a raped ape then sure. But when that bitch is slower then a stuck turd you look like a ricer.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      I met him once. My car is much cleaner than his. But his still kicks ass. I just don’t want to drop that kind of coin on a swap. I looked for a Cummins a while back, it was my first idea for a non 455. But GOOD GAWD they don't come cheap!
      Cooter had a truck for sale a while back I was interested in until I saw it had some issues I didn't wanna fuck with, electrical if I remember right.

It was a 12v single cab 1st gen ram. He was asking 3500 irrc.

Get a deal on something like that and use everything you need as a donor, then sell the truck to someone who wants to make it into a mudding truck or something for ~1000.

So ~$2500 into something that will be cooler then cool.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I like this one, it has a duramax though.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          I can't stand the group of tards out there with diesel trucks that are going with the trend of blowing smoke on everything.. It just seems so white trash to me.

If the truck runs like a raped ape then sure. But when that bitch is slower then a stuck turd you look like a ricer.
          agreed
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            here's my ls engine set up, has around 2300 miles on it since march when we finished it. Feel free to pm me with any questions.
            Dude, thats fucken sick!!
            Nice looking color for sure!

Comment

Posted this before in another thread, but ill just leave this here

Comment

I'm well in the minority here, but I think you should build the 455. Every one has an LSx something. Who gives a fuck.

When was the last time you saw someone do one of those torque monster BUICK 455s? They make great power and the high nickle blocks are light and strong. Do a stock short block rebuild with a nice set of TA stage 1 or 2 heads. Should make 500hp with out the engine swap hassles. Also a 200r4 will bolt right up
                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Nothing sounds like a big block.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

the big problem is the the cost of building a 455. If it wasn't so expensive I would have already done it.

Comment

I'm going to narrow it down for you, you don't want an ls1. They are too expensive for what they are especially on a budget

You should get an lq4 out of an escalade or 2500 truck. It's and iron 6.0 liter ls based motor that you can buy a long block for under a grand. With harness about 1200

What transmission is in the riviera now? You could run an adapter plate to bolt that trans to te motor

A 5.3 truck motor is also a great budget build, even the 4.8 loves boost and you can get full motors with harnesses for about $800. The record on a 4.8 on a stock bottom end is 1400 on an engine dyno. Usually a full bolt on 5.3 will get around 340whp where as an ls1 5.7 with bolt ons will net around 350whp

Comment

I think now days that when people say they want to do an LS1 swap they really mean LS based motor. I don't know anyone with a true LS1 motor
                        We all have either LQ4, LQ9, LY6 ( all 6L LS based motors) and a couple people have 5.3's ( I can't remember what they code is)

Hell even several people I know with factory LS1 cars now run LQ9's
                        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Vote for LS and good lord Buzzo that ride is beautiful.
                          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                            Dude, thats fucken sick!!
                            Nice looking color for sure!
                            Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                            Vote for LS and good lord Buzzo that ride is beautiful.
                            thank you both, me and a couple very close friends built the car. One is slovanova on here. I love this car so much.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                              I think now days that when people say they want to do an LS1 swap they really mean LS based motor. I don't know anyone with a true LS1 motor
                              We all have either LQ4, LQ9, LY6 ( all 6L LS based motors) and a couple people have 5.3's ( I can't remember what they code is)

Hell even several people I know with factory LS1 cars now run LQ9's
                              Yeah I know. There are a dedicated few who sell their ls1 motors and buy a 4.8 and turbo kit. You can break even and make more horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                BTW - it will never be "fast" nor particularly sporting to drive. Low and slow, man...
                                Yep. Not everything needs something LS based with 17 and 1/2 turbos and horsepower in the 1,000 plus range. Rebuild the 455 with a torquey cam and maybe cylinder head improvement if budget allows. Then enjoy it, without trying to be the fastest thing on the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X