Do it myself, or have a shop do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    We took mine completely off. had to get it in that way. Even said it in the manual I had to buy LOL
    Lol I just did it my way and it was easy.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Well I picked up the front spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, and a set of tubular A-Arms for $125 today. The arms are unmarked and do not have spring cups so I will have to measure them to see if they are fox length, 94/95, or 96-04. Either way, they won't be used right away, the guy just threw them in the deal. The assembly needs some cleaning though. Plenty of surface rust but nothing terrible, it should clean up fine. Now I need some new springs, shocks, and struts. I think I am going with the $100 spring set from LMR, and likely just some autozone replacement shocks and struts for the time being till I can fork out $400-500 for a set.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        Well I picked up the front spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, and a set of tubular A-Arms for $125 today. The arms are unmarked and do not have spring cups so I will have to measure them to see if they are fox length, 94/95, or 96-04. Either way, they won't be used right away, the guy just threw them in the deal. The assembly needs some cleaning though. Plenty of surface rust but nothing terrible, it should clean up fine. Now I need some new springs, shocks, and struts. I think I am going with the $100 spring set from LMR, and likely just some autozone replacement shocks and struts for the time being till I can fork out $400-500 for a set.
        Good choice sir.

I wish I could come across a deal like that!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Pull the a arms off your car. Drill out the rubber part of the arm bushing. Clean out the "shell" with whatever works. Buy some poly bushings and moog balljoints. Put together and drive it. Sell those a arms to cover bushing,balljoints costs. It's not that hard.

Order some tokico "blues" at a minimum.
          One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X