No announcement yet.

better radiator options aside from opening up the summit catalog/maxing out CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better radiator options aside from opening up the summit catalog/maxing out CC

no dville tune here so it shouldnt be that hard to cool it down.

Anyone know where i can find a good radiator for a 85gt with a v8? i currently have a wide but narrow single pass(i believe) aluminum radiatior with a nice black magic fan. the fan doesnt cover the entire radiaor width but moves a good amount of air. its wired up to run WOT on the key. also using 180*degree stat and 2 bottles of redline water wetter plus the correct water for alluminum heads.

im breaking the motor in right now and though it seems to run fine on a no traffic highway id like it to stay in the middle range of the ""normal"" gauge in city driving. dont need anything crazy, car has no ac but has a nice c4 with fluid going in through the radiator and a separate trans cooler.

right now it gets pretty warm and stays on the "A" or "L" in the gauge in non highway duty with light traffic. its acceptable but im afraid of what may happen if i get stuck in real traffic. ..

thanks for help.

Is it fairly stock besides tune? A factory copper radiator will make you happy both price and performance.

Comment

look up this Part # 438556

its a copper tank 2" core.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

What they said.

Comment

X2

LRS used to offer a copper tank radiator as well.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I got one from Orielly's that is a single pass aluminum stock replacement. I run a black magic too. My temps never get any higher than the half way mark... that sitting in traffic, 107F, and max AC. I've left it idling in the same conditions for 30 minutes before with no issues. Works great for stock applications. Brand was Murray and it's $85 new.

Here is the one for your car:

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
              I got one from Orielly's that is a single pass aluminum stock replacement. I run a black magic too. My temps never get any higher than the half way mark... that sitting in traffic, 107F, and max AC. I've left it idling in the same conditions for 30 minutes before with no issues. Works great for stock applications. Brand was Murray and it's $85 new.

Here is the one for your car:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...yword=radiator
              You could have bought the one I posted above for the same price from the same place.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                You could have bought the one I posted above for the same price from the same place.
                Had no experience with that one, which is why I posted the one I have, because I have experience with it, and know how it performs.

Comment

so whats better, plastic and aluminum? or copper and brass? they both look the same to me other than that. this will be for a very mild 347/c4 with no ac.

Comment

the size of the core, IE how much surface are there is to transfer the heat, is the biggest factor.

Comment

the size of the core, IE how much surface are there is to transfer the heat, is the biggest factor.
                      so then i assume your selection would be better.

Comment

look up this Part # 438556

its a copper tank 2" core.
                        So would this be the best "budget/bang for your buck" radiator for my 91' 5.0 as well?
                        1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                          So would this be the best "budget/bang for your buck" radiator for my 91' 5.0 as well?
                          that's what I would buy if I needed one.

Comment

Lowest I saw that one was $152.00, for less than $50 more you can get an all auluminum mishimoto rad.
                            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                              Lowest I saw that one was $152.00, for less than $50 more you can get an all auluminum mishimoto rad.
                              The one I looked up for the part # above was $85?

Comment

Working...
                              X