Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversion fitting for filling co2 tank with nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paintball stores
    00 TT gt
    634 @10psi

04 cobra
    560whp

Comment

Ive heard of guys having problems with waste gates fucking up and nitrous seeping in the turbo, but if anybody needs a 50 pound co2 tank I have 1 for sale

Comment

Ive used Nitrous instead of co2 since I started racing a turbo car. I built my "fill" fitting out of steel fittings from ACE.

Comment

We use this brand in the oilfield. They are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast.0 View Post
            Ive heard of guys having problems with waste gates fucking up and nitrous seeping in the turbo, but if anybody needs a 50 pound co2 tank I have 1 for sale

man, we've been doing it for a few years with no problems.

Where's nitrous going to go that's going to seep into the turbo? The worst thing it can do is get spewed out the exhaust. I mean, after all, it's only going in at a max of 100psi...and probalby something like 10,000:1 compared to exhaust volume.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
              man, we've been doing it for a few years with no problems.

Where's nitrous going to go that's going to seep into the turbo? The worst thing it can do is get spewed out the exhaust. I mean, after all, it's only going in at a max of 100psi...and probalby something like 10,000:1 compared to exhaust volume.
              Brain and Dom can tell you, you'll get blue and green flames. It was on TV, it has to be true.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                DJ, compressed air works fine. On Rick's car - he has an air ride pump and tank instead of a C02 system. Works fine, but it's an additional load on the charging system. Some cars that's a deal breaker. The good thing is that we have an air hose/chuck that stays in the trunk for airing up the slicks in the staging lanes!
                James, I love the compressor. I don't ever have to worry about running out of CO2/nitrous again. The compressor turns on automatically at 105 psi and shuts off automatically at 150 psi. I turn the switch off before i do a burn out to ensure that the compressor does not turn on during a run and cause unneccesary draw on the electrical system. It is also nice not having to bring an air tank to the track anymore. The compressor would be PERFECT for your car, even more so than mine. It has a 2 gal. holding tank and I have it mounted to the trunk floor right above the rear axle.

Comment

Originally posted by kidcapri View Post
                  James, I love the compressor. I don't ever have to worry about running out of CO2/nitrous again. The compressor turns on automatically at 105 psi and shuts off automatically at 150 psi. I turn the switch off before i do a burn out to ensure that the compressor does not turn on during a run and cause unneccesary draw on the electrical system. It is also nice not having to bring an air tank to the track anymore. The compressor would be PERFECT for your car, even more so than mine. It has a 2 gal. holding tank and I have it mounted to the trunk floor right above the rear axle.
                  Where'd you get the compressor and check your PM's

Comment

turbos are for hondas
                    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                      Where'd you get the compressor and check your PM's
                      EBAY, it's the VIAIR 160 PSI kit. It was right at $200 bucks and it was free shipping. I had it in like 3 days!!! The tank comes with the compressor mounted to the top of it so I had to take it off the top and mount it beside the tank because it was too tall to fit in the trunk. Then I ran a line inside the car and mounted a regulator so I could set the pressure for the BC solenoids.

Comment

dville,

All you need to adapt the CO2 bottle is to buy a standard CO2 bottle fitting. The tube on the new fitting will have 1/4" NPT male thread, so it is easy to adapt to an AN size.

Last time I made up one of these, with a hose and a ball valve, the whole setup was about $40 or so.

N2O or CO2 will both work fine for boost controllers. A new CO2 bottle with hose and fittings to do your own refills should cost under $225, and you won't have to rely on anyone else for service, or add any more systems to the car.

Best of luck,

Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X